Ninety Four

SPENCER'S POV

'If she asks, say I'm at Ella's. Please. Look after her, she needs you more right now. Go and be her comfort blanket' I smiled at Brad, patting my hand on his back. I closed the front door behind me and walked up the driveway. I grabbed my phone and called Connor.

'Hey you free?' I asked as he answered the phone call.

'Yeah mate, why?' He replied.

'I'll explain when I'm at yours. I'm walking there now. Can you tell Tristan and James to come over as well?' I sighed.

'Okay see you in a bit' He said before ending the call. I decided to pick up the speed and run to Connor's house. As I arrived outside his house, I knocked on the door, so out of breath.

'Dude you ran?' Connor laughed as he opened the front door. I nodded my head, trying to catch my breath. We went to his kitchen and sat down. I filled him on in what happened with Quinn and Jake.

'That's sick. Where is that bastard?' He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

'That's exactly why I'm here. Brad wanted to sort it out on his own but I said it's better for him to stay with Quinn because she needs him the most. I said to him that we'll deal with it' I explained.

'Yeah that's true, she's gonna need him even more right now. Why does bad things always happen to her, she's such a kind human being who doesn't deserve this at all' He sighed, shaking his head. He texted Tristan and James to come over and they immediately replied that they're on the way.

'I know right, it proper rages me' I said.

'How are we going to do this?' He asked. 'How are we even going to find out where he is?'

'I have an idea. Let's wait til the boys get here' I said. The boys have arrived and joined us in the kitchen. We filled them in and we're more raged as ever.

'That guy needs battering!' Tristan exclaimed.

'That's the plan. But we need to be super careful. He's bound to have some friends around, like today with what he planned with Sam' I said. 'So I was thinking because I know Sam more than you guys do and we used to be mates, I'm going to message him just be like hey, I heard you're back in town, sorry about how my sister reacted. Something like that' I shrugged my shoulders.

'Yeah you could do. And say like we should meet up tonight for a drink' James suggested. I nodded my head in approval. We discussed more about this plan and I decided to text Brad a brief message of what's going to happen tonight so he can be kept in the loop without actually being involved.

//

Tristan, James and Connor are sat on the other side of the pub, drinking and chatting to each other. Pretending that I don't know them, I sat far away as possible from them and near the entrance so Sam would see me straight away. I quickly nodded at the boys and they nodded their heads back at me. I looked away, drinking a pint trying to look normal.

'Hey!' Sam grinned as he approaches me.

'Hey' I forced a chuckle as he hugged me. We both sat down and I wasn't sure of what to say next.

'How have you been? Long time no see!' He grinned. I'm holding my every will to not roll my eyes at him right now and to just punch the living crap out of him.

'I've been great, you? You didn't tell me you were back in town' I chuckled.

'Yeah sorry, it was a bit of a awkward one considering that you and Jake left things on a awkward note and I couldn't disrespect him by talking to you' He sighed.

'Disrespect him? You sound like his slave, mate' I laughed quietly.

'To tell you the truth, he changed so much since the break up, not in a good way' He sighed. Okay, this is starting to get interesting and leading to where I want it to be.

'Why?' I asked, taking a sip of my drink.

'It's like he's hungry with power. He likes to have control over his friends, including me. He tells me what to do, if I don't then he'll blackmail me. What happened with Quinn today, I really didn't want to do it' He said. He did genuinely look disappointed with himself but I'm not going to fall for it just yet. They could have planned something against me as well, who knows yet.

'I understand about Quinn. To be honest, I don't blame him for trying. They were a very good couple and I know Quinn still has just a little bit of feelings for him because he was her first boyfriend. I would like to help you get them two together' I said. Obviously what I said is all a lie. None of this is true. I'd rather eat my own vomit than this be the truth.

'Honestly, I could care less about them being back together. I'm not involved anymore. Jake is on his way here too by the way for a catch up' He said with a smirk. I knew it. He's trying to play me.

'Ah no way, nice!' I grinned, trying to be calm and collected. Jake is twice the size so with one punch, I'd be in a coma.

'He's taking precautions. He doesn't trust you' He shrugged his shoulders.

'That's completely fine mate. Do you want another drink while we wait for him?' I asked. He nodded his head so I went off to the bar to order two more pints.

'How's it going?' James whispered, sneakingly sitting beside me.

'Jake is on his way. I'm going to have a chat with him outside so please watch out' I replied quietly, watching Sam to make sure he doesn't see us. 'Now, go back please' I said. James sighed, going back to the table with the boys. The drinks are ready so I walk over to my table and saw Jake sitting in my seat. Ugh, the cheek of him.

'Hey' I smiled at him.

'Hey!' He grinned then looked at Sam awkwardly. I ignored it and sat on the other available seat.

'I just want to apologise for Quinn. I didn't mean to scare her' He sighed. I call bullshit. I'm ready to tear his head off.