Chapter 3

1 month later

CLAIRE

It's been a few days since my body is different from normal, I'm suffering from voice changes. One time I'm really happy to see Sara or Robin and then suddenly I get annoyed when one of them breathes. I'll start shouting out of nowhere and screaming that they should leave. Why? No one knows that. My breasts are also becoming more sensitive, but that will probably be because I will soon have my period. I actually had to get my period last week, but they're pretty erratic. So it's not that abnormal, my do. I've never had that before.

"Claire, get up!! We have to leave. Grandma's going to be so happy to see you. Hurry! You know she doesn't like to wait, even though it's for her favorite granddaughter." Yes, I'm already coming!" I missed Grandma, too. She means so much to me, she's so sweet. She always stuffs you with all the tasty things she's made herself. Especially her waffles are heavenly, not to do. She always secretly gives money when my mom doesn't look. She's always there for me. When I fight with my mom, I can always go to her. She'll never judge me. Although she was the first to condemn at Mom's pregnancy because she was only 18 years old, she was ultimately there for her. Now she's proud of Mom.

After I get dressed, I walk down quickly. No more time to eat anything, but when I go outside I feel dizzy, woops I'd better get up early. Grandma must have some goodies.

As I sit in the car, on my way to grandma, I start to feel nauseous and dizzy. Ehhhrr typical, probably because of mom's strong perfume. I've told her so many times to buy another one. Because I always get sick of her perfume in the car. And I haven't even eaten anything right now. It's different than usual now, well. It's going to be better, hopefully.

When I'm with Grandma, I'm going to lie on the couch immediately. When I went in, I suddenly felt very dizzy. Grandma saw that I was very pale, and let me go my way.

"Haven't you eaten much for breakfast? Here, I made cookies. You'll get a tan from that, baby."

"Thank you, Grandma. You always know exactly what to do."

"Tasty" Grandma says as she puts the food on the table. We've been with grandma for 3 hours, which I slept for two hours. Grandma has prepared food in the meantime. I see she made lasagna. It's her specialty, really so good. I'm addicted to it. It smells different than usual. It doesn't even smell so good, it even smells a little nauseating. Jup, that's it. I'm going to walk to the bathroom as soon as I can. I'm just in time.

"Is everything okay?!" my mom shouts. She's been walking into the bathroom.

"I don't know, I really don't get it. At first I'm dizzy for not eating anything, then I'm sickened by your perfume and now I'm sickened by grandma's lasagna, no because of the smell actually." Mom rubs my back while I have to throw up again.

"Close the door please. The smell of the lasagna really makes me sick and it even enters the bathroom."

"Have you gotten your period this month?" "No, why?" "Is it normal, should it be soon?" " No, actually it must have already been perioded, but they are not regularly yet and sometimes leave something waiting for them. But why are you asking all these questions? What does that have to do with this?" She's being really weird. What does my period have to do with the fact that I am nauseous and dizzy? I'm just a little sick. Maybe just a little bad, I'm just nauseous, it's just really bad. I could jump off the window at any moment. Fuck, I feel really very sick I hate it, terrible.

"Well, you get sick  and nauseous by the smell of lasagna, which you can otherwise eat a whole dish of, you were even dizzy and you haven't had your period yet, whereas you should. Yesterday you got nauseous from my food, too, remember? "That's true indeed, she had made a delicious dish yesterday. Then All of a sudden I had to throw up the smell, and everything was under.

"Maybe I'm becoming sensitive to certain smells?" "No, no, it's not, I've had that."

"Really? What did you have then? Was it very serious?" Of course it was serious, otherwise she wouldn't be so weird.

"I was pregnant with you at the time." What?! Pregnant? No, no, no, you can't. It's impossible. I haven't done it since Henry and I broke up. Oh no wait...

Harry.

Fuck.

Fuck.

I can't be pregnant with Harry Styles. Wtf?!! Okay, don't start freaking out. I'm not even sure I'm pregnant. But what if it is? Should I tell him, but how? It's not like I see him every day at the store. How do I get in touch with him without them thinking I'm some crazy freak? But do I want to? Who knows, who does he is going to be like my father? Would he run away from me? Would he -

"Claire?!" "What?" "Are you okay?" I don't know, I really don't know?

"It's going to happen."

"We'd better go home, Grandma'll understand." Before I go back to the dining room, Mom makes sure the lasagna is gone. Grandma looks at me very worriedly. When I give her a hug as a farewell, she quickly puts a note in my pocket. Typical. "I love your grandmother, dearly." "I love you too. You'll always have a very special place in my heart. The place that only you could conquer" she whispers  back and she gives me a kiss on my cheek.

"We're going to the store first to buy a pregnancy test." "Why do you actually think I'm pregnant, I don't have a boyfriend or anything.

"Well, at first I thought that couldn't, but your reaction betrayed that it could be done anyway. You were staring 10 minutes ahead, you were completely panicking. You would have said otherwise that you couldn't." Shit.

"Who was it? I mean, who's the father? "Shit, should I tell you? Do I have to tell the truth, the full? Or the version robin and Sara know?

"Claire, who is it? Do you know him?" Kind of...

"It was in Paris" Do I tell you everything? "On the last night we went to a bar." Am I telling you all about Harry? "I had a lot of drinking and before I knew it I woke up in a strange bed. And the boy next to me..." Harry or a stranger? Harry or a stranger? "... I  awake next to Harry Styles." Okay, apparently I decided to tell everything. I wasn't ready for this.

"Who is that? Do I know him?" "Don't you know who Harry Styles is?" I could have thought so. She shakes her head. "Well, he's a singer of one of the most famous boybands" God, when I say it out loud it sounds so ridiculous and especially implausible. "A boyband?! Is he known?" "Yes, quite a bit." "What boyband?" "One direction." "What?! Rather familiar?! They're mega successful, aren't they? Do you really mean that? You're pregnant with one of those guys?" "We don't know that at all. Why are you getting  more angry that one of them may be the father than the fact that I might be pregnant?!"

"Because these guys are just thinking about their careers right now. They don't have time to be a father, especially with a random girl. It's better that you don't tell him anything, not to anyone, actually. It will only hurt you and the baby because he will choose his work. We can't blame him either, he probably worked for it for years, and then you'd come and tell him you're pregnant with him and he's going to be a father." She's right. He's never going to choose the baby. He'll choose his work. We can't blame him. And I don't want the baby to know he's his father, given his reputation. He's had so many relationships. He won't be happy about it at all. Maybe he'll even get angry or just don't believe it. It's best to keep it a secret.

"Claire? We're here. Before we go. No matter what happens, I'm here for you forever." She gives me a kiss on my forehead and grabs me well. "I know."