Chapter 13

CLAIRE

Merlin is now 8 weeks old. I feel like he's starting to get his sleep rhythm. He sleeps well through at night and afternoon and for the rest of the day he is active. He's also trying to grab everything. When I have it in my arms, he's going to take my hair or collar of my T-shirt every time. Since last week, he also starts babbling. You can even talk to him kind of. I have a video of Merlin with Silas babbling at each other, it's really hilarious.

Things are going top between Silas and me. He's a great match with Merlin. I'm still in love with him. I thought the crush was going to go to just like to see after a few months, but with us it's still both.

Everything's fine for Brooklyn, too. I've already had a video call with the boss and we discussed everything. He's really super understanding, givenmy situation. I already know what I'm taking and what I'm not. A number of things have already been sold. Silas is ready, too. Mom almost.

It feels so strange that I'll be gone in a month. I'm going to live in Brooklyn. I'm kind of excited.

Today Robin and Sara organised a picnic in the park with Silas, Merlin and I.

"Come on, Claire, are you almost done?", Silas shouts at the front door. "Yes, almost. I just need to find a pull," I recall.

"You don't need that, it's very hot. You'll sweat."

"Okay, then, I'm done." I have jeans shorts, a loose, white top with sandals underneath. It's warm weather indeed. Once we get to the park, we'll see Sara and Robin waving in the far away. I see they've gone to a lot of trouble. They made a lot of things, even the booze. Did I mention I have the best friends? Probably, but here I say it again; I have the best friends.

"Wow, did you all make that? You're so sweet," I say. I'll give them both a hug.

"Yes, this all looks so good," silas says, and he also gives them a hug. Robin pulls Merlin out of the buggy and places him on her lap. He grabs her hair directly.

"Beware, he's going to start pulling your hair differently and he has more power than you think," I warn Robin. She puts her hair in a tail.

After a few hours everything is up and Merlin is sleeping on Silas' chest that is looking at the clouds. "I could stay here forever," I say to break the silence.

"Maybe, but you can't and can't," sara says. What? "Um... shouldn't be?", I ask frowning

"Nop," she says, emphasizing the "p," "You have to get ready for tonight."

"Tonight? What's going on?" "Then we're going on a date," Silas says with a broad smile.

"A date? And you're just saying that now and you guys already knew that?", they all nod yes, "You could warn me, I have nothing to do about."

They're both starting to laugh. Sara says, "First of all, you have a huge closet full of clothes and secondly we're prepared. We've gone shopping for you. Your outfit is ready on your bed, your mother put it there."

"What? She knew about that too?" "Jup,I had asked them all to keep quiet about it. I wanted to surprise you."

"I can assure you that," I say before giving him a kiss.

When I get home, I'll go upstairs quickly to see my rug. It's beautiful. It is white with flowers on the top that is looking through and the skirt is of tullen. I recognize it. It's from the new collection of Mom's store. I'll get him on quickly, he's coming to the middle of my thighs. As shoes, I have black sandals in heels. I let go of my hair, but I curl it a little. I'm just doing a little makeup. I'm curious where we're going. First a picnic and now a date. It's a perfect day.