Chapter 62

Claire

With sore eyes, I wake up when I hear my alarm, which I seem to have set. It's 5:30. Today I have to go to the studio, but it is only to get acquainted with all colleagues and get a tour in the studio. They are finishing their collection for 2018 and they will not be working on the new collection until next week, which I will also be working on. So I have to work in the store this week. I also note that I live quite far from the studio. That's why I've been looking for a new house that's closer to the studio. Only my mom and uncle Sam are aware of that. Harry doesn't know anything about my plans yet, and given our conversation yesterday, I think it's normal to tell him.

Anyway, I have to get up now and take a shower. I'll go to Merlin's room first and see if everything's ok. I didn't leave my room last night. Harry did come into my room once to see if I was OK. He said he'd already put Merlin to bed. I have no idea if Harry's still here. Once at Merlin's, I see he's still sleeping peacefully. When I look closer, I see a slight frown between his eyebrows. Embarrassed, I try to kiss it away, because I know it's because of me. Suddenly he wakes up slightly and sees me standing right away.

"Mama?" he says in a hoarse voice. He spreads his arms as a sign that he wants to hug me and i immediately do. Are you still in pain?' he asks.

"No, Mom's better. Why don't you go back to sleep? You've got a few hours before you have to get up,' I say as I kiss his cheek. He nods and goes under the blanket again. I'll put him in and give him another kiss on his forehead before I leave the room.

"How do you feel?" I suddenly hear Harry say. From farshot I turn too quickly and lose my balance. Luckily Harry's there in time to catch me. In this way, he presses our bodies closer together and our faces are also very close together. I even feel his breath all over my nose. "I'm sorry I let you go. Is it okay?' he asks in a low voice. Shit, that was sexy. I really just need to go forward a little bit and kiss him like that.

No, Claire, no. It would complicate things. Swallowing, I nod carefully and then distance ourselves between us.

"Why are you here yet?" How are you here?

"I stayed the night. I thought it would be best with how you were yesterday. I didn't want to leave Merlin alone either. He was pretty scared and worried about you yesterday. He'll be a good man for his wife later,' Harry says with a laugh.

"Thank you for staying with Merlin. Did you sleep in the seat? In the end, I see a pillow and a sheet in the seat with his shoes.

"Yes, it's still quite comfortable," he says scratching his neck. That's true. Despite it being a seat, it may well still go on like a bed. I've fallen asleep a few times in that couch and never had back pain.

I'm going to walk into the kitchen and get a breakfast ready for the two of us. When we're done, Harry goes home and I get ready for the day. Just when I'm all set, Lela arrives.

"Hey, how was your weekend?" she asks straight away.

"All right. It was good to be away from everything and everyone. How was yours? She shrugs and says nothing special happened. Suddenly Lela stops and looks over my shoulder. I turn around and see Harry's coat

"Is Harry here?" vraagt Lela. 'That's right. He's gone again. He stayed here,' I say, and in the meantime put on my coat. Lela's going to stand there for a while with a look I can't decipher properly. Eventually, she walks into the kitchen and says she'll prepare Merlin's breakfast. After saying goodbye, I'm going to work now.

After a ride of at least an hour I arrive at the studio. There is a lot of people and crowds because the collection has to be finished and apparently there is still a lot to be done.