Chapter 25

HARRY

Today, for the first time, I must look after Merlin all alone. We have two days off, so I've got all the time. Claire's going to town with her friends today or something. The boys are going to do something like that. I find it quite exciting because otherwise Claire is with me, but now... It's going to be hard. I asked for help from Alex, Merlin's babysitter. She doesn't normally speak Dutch, so I wondered how she communicates with him. Apparently, she has a small dictionary. I bought myself one, too. I've also bought a lot of things to place in my apartment.

When the bell rings my apartment, I'm going to start stressing even more. I open the door and see them standing there.

"Very..." "Very..."

"Come in. Do you want a drink?", I ask.

"No, thank you. My girlfriends are waiting downstairs."

"Why don't they come up?"

"There's a possibility that one of them is going to start fangirling."

"A directioner?"

"No, she just thinks she's pretty," she says with a laugh. "For that, she's going to fan girl?"

"Yep!"

"Well, in this bag there's everything he needs. Normally there's plenty," she begins, but I'm holding them back. "Claire, you explained everything yesterday and so did Alex. I know I have to do, if I'm going to make it work, that's a whole different story," I say.

"It's going to be okay. Merlin is not that difficult."

"Ok, until tonight?"

"Yes, until then. And you know. If anything, call me. I don't care if it's something small. You call me. Okay?"

"Ok, I'll call you." She's going to Merlin and she says something to him. She gives him a hug and a kiss. If she leaves, he'll walk behind her.

"No, Merlin you stay here. Daddy Harry's going to stay with you ok?" "Mama" "No, now it's just Daddy." I can see from his eyes that he's about to cry.

"Doesn't he want you to leave?", I ask, even though I already know the answer.

"No," she says sighing. "It's not like he's never been without me, but probably because he doesn't know you enough yet."

My own son just wants to be with me. My heart is breaking. I can really cry now.

"I'll be fine, or I'll stay here for a while. If you like that –" "Like." "Ok," she says with a laugh, "then I'll go down quickly, take my comfort and I'll be back."

CLAIRE

"Merlin, I'll be right back. I won't be gone long. Play with your ball. Ok?", I say before I go down, "Mama, don't leave?"" asks Merlin, sobbing. "No, Mom's not leaving. Mom's coming back. Play with Dad."

I'm going to go down as soon as I can and get in the car to take my bag.

"Are you done? Then –,"" Sara begins, but I interrupt her: "I'm staying here. Merlin is not comfortable, so I stay. You go without me."

"What? You're going to stay here with Harry?", asks Robin.

"Yes. Merlin started crying, and he didn't want me to leave. I'm going to see how it goes. I'll go back, have fun." I give them another kiss each and then go back upstairs.

"Mama!", shouts Merlin and walks to me. "I told you I wasn't leaving." I'll take him in my arms and throw it in the air.

"What do you want to do?" I ask him. I see he's a little uncomfortable with it, and I also see that his eyes look watery.