Chapter 51

Claire

So today Silas is going back to The Netherlands. We agreed with Sara and Robin to drop him off at the airport so he doesn't have to pay for a taxi and we can say goodbye. He's going to stay away for another month and then return for a week. Right now, I'm changing. It's only 9am, but his flight is already at 12:00. I'm wearing jeans shorts, T-shirt and All Stars. Then I'll go to Merlin and wake him up. By the way, I need to look for new clothes for him. His clothes are getting too small.

"Merlin, wake up," I whisper as I rub his head. I see him start slightly in his sleep and then his eyes open. When he sees me, he smiles at me. His arms go straight in the air and I get him out of his cot. I enjoy merlin being one of those cuddly bears. I also know if he's going to be a little older, he'll run away from a hug from me, so I have to take advantage of it. "Hey, you're going back to Daddy," I say. "Daddy!" he shouts. "We're going to take a bath and eat first, and then Daddy's here," I say as I go to the bathroom. He really missed Harry. There were even nights when he couldn't sleep because he wanted to see his daddy.

When we go to the bathroom, I smell all the breakfast Robin and Sara are making. They're still here for a week. Afterwards they return to Belgium. This week I also have to learn back for that course and take some lessons. The following week Merlin goes to school for the first time. I'm pretty nervous. Especially for how he will feel in a whole new environment. I'm also curious about how his English will go. Harry can't wait to talk to him. Merlin already knows some English words and Harry dutch words but not everything. It will also be the first "working day" for Lela. I have less stress for that, because they already know each other.

"Schatteke, if you choose your toys to play in the water, I'll let all the water run," I say to Merlin, who is still walking around the bathroom with his knickers. He walks to the bin with all the toys and thinks. Meanwhile, I'll let the water run and put some bath foam in the water. I look back at Merlin and already see in his hands 2 toys; a boat and a dinosaur. "Have you chosen yet?" I ask. "No," he says sighing. I'm going to go see him and squat down next to him. "Don't you know what you want?" He looks at me and sighs. "So much choice," he says. "Ah, should we get rid of a few toys?" I ask, even though I know he'll never let you. I'm going to take the bin and i'll see panic in his eyes. 'No! Don't get rid of it!' he shouts, immediately grabbing my arms. 'But you can't choose. You have too much choice,' I say. 'No, I can choose! I choose my boat and the dino and the submarine,' he says quickly. I laugh and let go of the bin. I'll close the tap and undress Merlin. After checking the temperature of the water I help him with it in the bath. While he's playing with his toys, I wash his hair and his body.

When I'm done, I'll take him out of the bath and quickly put a towel around him before he catches a cold. In the meantime, I hear the bell ring and I know it's Silas. "I'll go!" shouts Sara. When Merlin's dry, I put his clothes on. He's wearing jeans shorts with a white long-sleeved T-shirt. When we're all done, we'll go downstairs. Silas, Robin and Sara are already sitting at the table eating there. I also see a trapies at the door.

I'll put Merlin in his chair. "And? Are you ready to return?" I ask as I sit next to him. "Yes, I think so," he says. We continue to eat in silence. When we're done, we'll clear the table and start washing dishes. When the bell rings, I'm going to see who it is and see that Harry is here to pick up Merlin. I'll let him in, of course, and get Merlin's bag. Just when I'm back at the door, Harry's there. "Daddy!" shouts Merlin and walks into his arms. Harry puts his arms around Merlin and raises him. Harry, meanwhile, gives kisses to his cheek, causing Merlin to giggle.

"Hi, here's his bag," I say, giving the bag to Harry, who immediately puts it around his shoulder. "How did your date go?" "Um, the date itself went well, but the question didn't go so much," he says, and I immediately know what he means. 'She said no?!' I ask shocked. He nods with his eyes closed. "The date was so perfect. How can she say no?' I ask. 'I don't know, but it doesn't matter. We've decided to stay friends, so I'm happy,' he says. But I see he doesn't tell me everything.