Chapter 74

It's been six weeks. I'm 8 weeks pregnant now and I couldn't be happier. We can finally tell Merlin and our parents as there is now no risk that I will have a miscarriage, as that often only happens for the 8 weeks. Harry is still very happy that we're having another baby. Every night when we go to sleep, he puts one arm around me and puts his other hand on my stomach as he spins his thumb around my belly button. Every day we wake up he gives me a kiss first and then he gives me a kiss on my stomach. They're little gestures that my heart starts beating faster, and I love him more and more. He makes me feel so happy.

Today we're going to have the eight weeks of ultrasound, and I'm excited about it. Harry also because at breakfast he talks about it all the time and asks me what we should all take with us, if it was up to him, he would drag suitcases with stuff into the hospital just to be safe.

We want to tell our parents with the pictures we hope we get from the hospital that we're having another baby. And for Merlin, we want something else since he doesn't know what an ultrasound means. We probably want to buy him a T-shirt that says "I'm going to be a big brother" or something. I am personally most curious about Merlin's reaction when he is told that he is still having a little brother or sister, he was very happy there and has made it clear in recent days that he would like to.

'Mama' Merlin walks into the living room hopping and sits next to me on the couch. "Yes, honey, what's there?" I ask as Merlin sits down better so he looks right at me now. "How are babies made?" Oh shit, how am I going to explain this again? 'If a boy and a girl love each other very much, the boy gives the girl a special hug with lots of kisses and therefore the girl can get pregnant. And then nine months later, that girl is going to give birth and have a baby - I hope I've gone into it enough. "Oh, so they don't grow from a plant or tree," he says, frowning. I chuckle 'No, they don't grow on a plant or tree'. "When is Daddy going to give you that special hug, so you get pregnant?" he asks in a serious condition. I swallow what should I say now yes Merlin who has already given your father me I am pregnant, congratulations. No, I can't say that. "When the time is there," I'll just say. 'Well then time can go a little faster, he says by the hand and climbs off the couch and walks to the door. He gives me another hand kiss and walks up. I check on him and I hear laughter from the kitchen I walk to the kitchen and see Harry lying in a dent. "You've done a good job of that," he says, walking up to me and giving me a kiss.