Chapter 17

Claire

My alarm clock goes off at 6:30. My first day at work today. I'm nervous. Sam told me everything I need to know. I hope it works.

Last week passed smoothly. I'm starting to know Brooklyn after many walks with Merlin in the streets. Mom's party last Friday was a great success. The clothes were very popular. Many orders have been made. Selah Sue was also a success, all those people didn't know her, and yet they felt she had a great voice.

"Claire, get up." Silas gets up and sets the alarm. He goes back to bed and puts his arms around me.

"Hey." "Hey, do you know I love you?", he asks. "Hihi, really? I don't believe you," I say teasingly. "I'll prove it to you." He's going to lie above me and support his elbows, so he doesn't crush me. Rough, he starts kissing me and quickly goes to my neck. I moan occasionally. He leaves a light suction kiss. He goes back to my lips, but he goes softer than before, more passionate.

Then he pulls away and looks into my eyes. "Tonight, we're going to dance, so make sure you're done at 19:30." After these words, he jumps out of bed and takes a shower. In the meantime, I'm going to see what I'd do on my first day of work. I'll take black pants and black pull with black loafers. Black is such a happy color. After Silas, I'm going to take a shower, too.

At 7:00, Alex's at the door. "Hello, all good?", she asks. "Yes, do you think merlin is going to work?" "Sure, don't have a problem. Don't worry." We all have breakfast together and then each go to work or school.

"And that was it. Do you get everything?", asks Sam after the tour. "Yes, I'm afraid of the customers."

"I'll help the first customers and you'll have to look closely so you can see how we work and then you can take care of a few customers and I'll see if you're doing well and helping where necessary. Tomorrow you can work all alone." "Alone?!"

"I mean, you'll have your customers and I have mine."

12 p.m.

"And that was it, everything went well?", asks Sam as we close the store for an hour.

"Yes, it is. I understand everything you did; I would almost always give the same advice to the customers. I feel like serving the customers myself."

"Different after the break?" "Okay, but you're going to stick with it, aren't you?" "Sure, I'll help where it's needed."

"I'm going home to Merlin quickly now and I'm going to eat there. Do I have to take something from home?", I ask when I take my bag.

"Can you bring a pull?"

"Yes, that's good, I'll bring you a pull. It's cold with just your shirt on. It's a cold day today." "Yes indeed, thank you Claire. See you later."

"See you later," I say after I kiss him.

"Hello Alex," I shout when I'm inside, "Where are you?"

"We're in his room."

"And how's it going? Isn't he too bothered?", I ask when I go into the room. Merlin immediately looks at me and laughs. His arms go up in the air and I'll take him out of his cot.

"No, not at all. He's so sweet. I was just going to make his bottle. I was just about to put him in his chair." She goes to the kitchen and makes his bottle. I'm going to go downstairs and put myself in the couch with Merlin on my chest. I'm playing plane with him. He starts laughing hard as he floats in the air.

I'll be back in the store at 1:00. It was nice to see Merlin. I really can't live without him. What such a little more melt can do to you is unbelievable.