Chapter 19

CLAIRE

"By the way, did you know Merlin is a hit on the Internet?"

My eyes open wide.

"A hit? What do you mean?" "A picture of Merlin has been posted on Twitter and it's going worldwide."

"Why and what picture?" wtf? What's wrong?

"It's a picture of him on a chair in a café or something. He's known as #miniHarryStyles."

My eyes are even wider now than before. Shit!

"Show me the picture," I ask. It probably came out as a warrant because she looks at me frighteningly. I'll give her a little smile to make up for the kind of well.

I see it's Merlin indeed. It's the day before yesterday when we were in the coffee house. It was probably those gigglebitches. They weren't laughing because he's cute, but because he looks like fucking Harry Styles.

"I have to admit. When I told him, Merlin reminded me of someone. I didn't know who, but I'm not really a directioner. So with that."

"Is it going?", she suddenly asks. I don't realize I've been looking at the picture for a few minutes.

"Did he say anything about it?"

Why am I asking that now?

"Who? Harry Styles? I don't think so, why?"

"Just. I think I'm going to leave. Pause is almost over." I give Merlin a kiss on his mouth and feel his hands on my cheeks. I'll carefully put it at the baby gym.

I quickly grab my coat and scarf and go back to work before Alex can say anything. I know it all seems suspicious to her, but right now I can't think clearly. What if everyone thinks he's his son? No, Claire, they're not going to think that, I convince myself. Why even? Merlin looks very coincidentally like Harry Styles, that's all.

At work I can't think clearly, I'm constantly distracted. How could that happen? Why couldn't Merlin look like me? No, sir wanted to look like his daddy. Yes, I know, Merlin can't decide. I'm not retarded. This is so fucked up.

"Claire?!" shouts Sam. I shake my head and look at him.

"Where are you with your head?"

"Sorry, it won't happen again."

"I hope so. Look, there's a client there. Go help him." Soon I go half-running to him.

Finally, it's 6:30 p.m.

"Claire, can we talk?", asks Sam when we did.

"Yes, what's there?"

"What happened during the break? You've been so absent since you got back from your lunch break."

I'll tell him all about the picture. "So I'm afraid people will harass Merlin. I all imagined scenarios in my head of what might happen."

"They'll leave him alone. One day that will pass. Maybe you should keep Merlin in for a few days?", he says after he's taken our coats.

Maybe that's not a bad idea yet. I'll tell Alex to keep him in, especially this week.

I'm more comfortable when I go home. When Silas sees me, he comes to him, he hugs me. I missed him. Together we go to Merlin. We're going to sleep with him. I have the best boyfriend ever. He's like a father to Merlin and he's not in trouble with it. Other guys would freak out and walk away because they're not the father.

I know he'd do anything for Merlin and me. I mean, he went all the way to fucking Brooklyn so we could have a relationship.

"What are you thinking about?" Silas gets me out of my mind. I see Merlin playing with my hair.