Chapter 24

CLAIRE

"So exciting," says Robin.

I'm having breakfast. Sara meanwhile prepares Merlin.

"I know. I have no idea what he wants. When he wants to see Merlin, what he wants in terms of the media. I really hope it will go well."

Just at that point Silas comes into the kitchen. He hasn't said much since that phone call. I do need that, especially now with all the stuff with the Merlin. I need him.

"Hey, darling. Well asleep?", I ask.

"Can do better," he replies dryly.

I can tell from Robin's face that she realizes that it's not right between us.

"I'm going to help Sara," she says, going to the nursery.

"Silas? All right?", I almost ask whispering.

"Yes, sure, why not?", he says without looking at me.

"Because you've been so quiet since yesterday."

"I'm talking, right?"

"If you can call that talk."

"Well, that's your problem," he said, going to the bathroom and going into the shower.

"What's his problem?", asks Sara as she comes to the kitchen with Merlin in her arms with Robin behind her.

"He's having trouble harry's going to have come into our lives," I admit.

"He told me he had no problem with it when you told him he's the father?" asks Robin.

"Yes, not to cause any problems between us, Silas and I. I've always known he thought it was a problem. He crawled it all up and now... Now it explodes in our faces," I say.

"It's going to be okay," they say in unison.

"I don't know. All right, I'm going to change. Are you giving Merlin his food?" They nod yes before I go to the bedroom.

I put on a simple white T-shirt and a jeans skirt.

Just when I want to leave,Silas comes in. He looks at me with red eyes. He's wept, I see it. I'm going to go to him and hug him. He hugs me back and we'll be standing for a long time. We need both this, I understand that this is hard for him, but that's what it is for me.

"I'm sorry," he whispers in my hair. He kisses me in my hair. He leaves a trail of kisses to my corner of the mouth. He looks deep into my eyes.

"Don't shut me out of Silas. I love you. I need you now for sure. Merlin needs you, even though Harry's here. We need you," I say, hoping to put a smile on his face. I can't do it.

"I'm sorry, it's just that hard for me," he says. Finally, he admits it anyway.

"I get it. I see. But just don't shut me out, let me be there for you. You don't have to be afraid of him at all, for Harry. He's not for me."