Chapter 35

Claire

"He's asleep," I say. I go to the kitchen and sit at the table.

I just put Merlin in his cot, his little bed with Mom.

"Here, I made tea," Mom says, giving me a bag.

"What happened now? What did Silas do?' she asks.

She doesn't know anything yet. I came here crying and walked into her arms. When she asked what was wrong, Merlin said, "Sijas is naughty. He hurt her." I put him in his bed right after. It's very late.

"When I got home, I saw Silas e-and Alex in the seat, kissing. And no innocent kiss or kiss, no. She was lying on him, his hands on her k-ass and really violent kissing,' I say, and in the end, I start crying again, but it soon stops. I don't think I have any tears left.

'I don't get it, I thought we were fine. Apparently not. Where did it go wrong? What have I done?

'You didn't do anything wrong. He's not to blame you. You should, no, not put the blame on yourself. You're a great friend to him. He's lucky to have someone like you. Everyone would be happy,' she says.

"But where did it go wrong?" I ask.

'You're going to have to ask him that one day, but not now. Now you're going to take a hot bath and then go to sleep, okay? And tomorrow you'll sleep well,' she says as she takes my hands. I love my mama so much. It was always us against the world. Now it's Mom, Merlin and I against the world.

"Do you want to take Merlin to Harry tomorrow? I don't want Merlin to see me like that. It would do good for both of them, too, because it's his last week off. After that, he's gone for another month,' I say.

"Sure baby," she says.

I'm standing up, but just then I hear Merlin crying. I'll walk up to him right away.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Hungry!" he says, crying.

"Haven't you eaten yet?" I ask, shocked. He shakes his head from No.

So, they were shaving off each other instead of feeding my son? I'll get him out of his cot and go to the kitchen.

"Do you have anything left to eat for Merlin?"

"Yes, why?" she asks. She goes to the fridge and gets some food.

'They were so busy kissing that they forgot my son. They put him in his bed without food,' I say angrily. I'll put him in his chair and give him his food right away.

I also see my mom getting mad. Silas and Alex better make sure they never see my mom again, because that's going to kill them.

After his dinner, I quickly take a bath and then get into bed. I hope I'm going to be able to sleep.

Harry

"Hello?" I ask after I've answered my cell phone. I look at the clock and see it's barely 7h. Who's calling me now? Did I miss a meeting or something?

"Hello, it's Emily Jones, Grandma of Merlin," she says.

"Is everything ok?" Is there anything wrong with Merlin, with Claire?' I ask worriedly. I'm right in my bedroom.

"Everything is ok, though, physically," she says sighing.

"What do you mean?" What's going on?' I ask.

'Silas and Claire broke up, all, I think. That's why she wondered if Merlin could stay with you all week. She doesn't want him to see her like that, he's seen enough,' she says.