Chapter 27

Silas

I keep looking at the picture while I order whiskey. How they stand there, in front of the window. Now I'm sure. She's cheating on me with him. When she told me not to be afraid of Harry, deep down in my life, I was hoping she was right. I believed her after a while. But now. She keeps lying to me. It's over. I'll take my comfort and go to Sam.' From i can, I'll go to Belgium. The architectural firm where I work also has a branch in Belgium. I'm going to ask if he can work there. If they're looking for someone there.

"Whoa, that's a nice picture," says one of my friends with a grin. I see him looking at my cell phone. I'll put my cell phone right in my pocket.

"Who were they?" he asks.

"My girlfriend and apparently her lover," I say as I take a sip of my glass. It burns in my neck, but it feels good.

"Auwch, that hurts. What are you going to do about it?"

"Breaking up, duh. What do you think? That I'm going to stick with a slut like that? She's been saying for weeks that I shouldn't worry about him, but I do get pictures of the two of them together. The first one is just a kiss. In the second, she's standing with her back in front of him. He kisses her neck and her head on his shoulder. She was probably moaning like a zot. And his fucking hands were under her T-shirt on her fucking breasts!" I shout.

I'm going to go outside and go home. I'm not waiting anymore. I'm going to break up with me now. I don't care what she says.

I'm finally coming to our door. I open it and slam it loudly.

"Silesia hear our slut say. I'm not saying anything.

"Silas? What's wrong? Why did you slam the door so hard? You're lucky Merlin didn't wake up," she says my obvious irritation in her voice.

I'm still not saying anything. I really don't feel like talking to her.

"God damn!" she suddenly shouts, "I'm tired of Silas! What's your problem and don't you dare ignore me? You don't look at me. You're not talking to me. You don't even touch me."

"Don't you have enough of Harry?" I ask. She looks at me confusingly.

"What does he have to do with it?"

"Don't pretend you don't know anything. You're not going to Harry for Merlin. You're going to fuck him."

Her eyes and mouth open wide. She walks up to me and raises her hand. I'll grab him quickly.

"Don't dare. You're the one who deserves a punch, not me. You cheat on me, not me," I say with my teeth on each other.

"I'm not cheating on you, Silas. How many more times do I have to say that? I have nothing with him. I love you. He means nothing to me," she says. There are tears in her eyes. I'm looking away. I can't see her like that. I realize I still care about her. I still like her. I still love her. And that's why I hate her.

"I have proof, so please stop your comedy," I say. I'm letting go of her hand.

"Prove it? Which one?"

I'm going to get my cell phone out of my pocket and give her my cell phone with the pictures on it. In the meantime, I'm going to go to our room and start making my valies. I hear she's coming into the room.

"The pictures are not real, Silas. They're fake. Don't ask me who did that, because I don't know. I know I didn't. Please don't leave. Silas,I love you. Stay with me. I need you. Merlin needs you. I never even want to see Harry again, if that's what you want. We can go back to Belgium together so he can't find us," she says, crying. She starts crying more and more louder. I feel my eyes getting soggy. I really can't cry, i can't cry for her.