Chapter 58

Harry

I couldn't sleep all night. I keep thinking about that kiss with Claire. I can still remember every second of it. How her hands were around my neck, her fingers in my hair and her legs around my waist. It was fantastic. It may not be our first kiss, but it's the first time there was no alcohol in the game. I know there's nothing behind it, but that's what it feels like. She likes Niall, I know, but what if she feels something for me, too? The kiss was so perfect that there must be more than just a kiss. It can't be that she's a good kiss, can she?

So yesterday I also went to my manager and he was certainly not happy with the whole situation. He said he was going to call some experts and get them to research my Instagram so they might find out who hacked my profile. I went to the doctor, too. He said there's nothing serious going on. I just need to take pills for the headache. You can still see it around my eye and jawbone. Of course, everyone in the media wonders what happened and just after that picture from on Instagram. I've already deleted the photo, but that has raised several questions.

I'm calling Claire right now. He was supposed to have just returned from school. I'm supposed to visit Merlin, but Actually, I want to talk to her. That sounds wrong. I want to see Merlin, of course. "Hi, Harry, come up," she says via video tape. I'm going to go straight upstairs and go in there as the door is already open. "Hi, Claire?" I yell at her. "In the kitchen!" she shouts back. "Daddy!" cries Merlin when I'm in the kitchen. He walks up to me and I wear it right on my hips. "Hey, Kiddo," I say, and tickle his belly, making him laugh. In the meantime, I look at Claire and see them looking at us with admiration.

"Hey, can we talk?" I ask her as I sit on the ground with Merlin and play with Playmobil. "Sure, no problem. What about?' she says. "Um, somewhere else?" I ask as I point to Merlin. She nods and makes a sign that we'll talk later.

"Hey, what do you want to talk about?" she asks as we prepare snacks in the kitchen for the movie Merlin is watching. "Uh, can we talk about what happened yesterday?" "God, I feared for it. Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you, but can we please forget? I was emotionally weak. I'm ashamed of myself,' she says as she sits down. She thinks she started the kiss. It was obvious it was me, wasn't it? "Claire, I kissed you. I started the kiss,' I say.

She thinks and suddenly her frank falls. "You kissed me!" she shouts. I immediately sus her. I don't want Merlin to hear this conversation. It would only confuse him. 'It's just one muddle in my head in connection with the kiss. So I really thought I'd kissed you,' she says, shaking her head and suddenly she stops and looks at me confused. Here comes the question. "Why did you kiss me?" she asks.

Voila, the question of the day.

Suddenly I panic in my head. I was expecting that question, but am I ready to tell her everything? Should I just say I was "emotionally weak"? Shit, shit. Not well thought out. In the meantime, she looks at me impatiently. I have to say something, something. "Um," I start, but then stop. I don't know what to say. God!

"Harry, why did you kiss me?" she asks.

Okay, here we go. "Because I was emotionally weak just like you," I say. Okay then, my confessing is that I'm in love with her, that I love her will be for another time. "You, emotionally weak?" she asks confusedly. "Why?" she looks at me curiously. She probably doesn't believe any of it. 'I had a hard time seeing you like this, so broken. I care about you, Claire. And suddenly that moment came when I kissed you, but it was a kiss to remember,' I say.

"And yet we're going to forget about it," she says. She's back up and wants to go back to the living room. "Claire, we can't forget a kiss like that. You can't tell me you didn't feel anything. You can't tell me that kiss wasn't one of the best kisses you've ever had,' I say.