Chapter 72

Claire

I quickly walk up the stairs, as soon as I'm upstairs I walk straight into the bathroom. It's dark so I turn it on and lock the door behind me. I walk to the sink and open the locker underneath to grab a cup from the locker. I take the orange coloured cup out of the locker and fill it with water. I'm going to have a little bit of a drink just to be safe, so I know I'm going to have to pee like this. I open my bag to get the tests out and put them in my bedside table next to my bed. I was going to do it right away, but I'm really nervous that I have to wait a while. That way I can wait until I have to pee because I don't have to, not yet anyway. I'm going to get my phone and I'm going to lie on the bed, I'm going to open Netflix. If I have to choose which account to look at, I notice something. Instead of Claire, there's my dearest fiancée with a heart as a profile picture. I laugh and decide to change his, too. I click on change account and then click on Harry's; I change his name to the sweetest and click on a cute animal as a profile picture. I smile for a moment and click on save. I open my account and I click on the casa de papel. I had started it, but I had to stop because I almost fell asleep or I really had to get out of bed to get ready. I'm in the middle of Season 1 now and it's a lot of fun. After watching an episode, I take the pregnancy tests That I had done in the bedside table just in case because you never knew if Harry would come in. I'll hold them in my hands for a moment and look at them. These tests are going to tell you what my future will look like in about eight months. Harry and I have another child, or we have to try again. The more I think about it, the more excited I get and the more afraid I get that it's going to be negative. I hope it's going to be positive. I'm ready for this. Harry is ready for this. We're ready for this.  I walk silently to the bathroom and lock the door. I'm just looking at myself in the mirror. Before I go to the toilet and sit on it, I sigh deeply in and out and open the packs of the tests. I'll unpack one, and then I'll get the explanation. It's not hard. You have to pee on it then wait three minutes. If it says you're pregnant then you're pregnant if it doesn't say you're pregnant then you're not pregnant, very logical. You can also see how many weeks you are pregnant when you are pregnant. I'll put the package, where there's another one in, and the explanation next to me on the floor. I'll open the test and take my pants off. I'll keep the baton under me and start peeing. If I think I've peed enough on it, I'll also take the other one out of the pack just in case and pee on it.

I get up after a minute, but it felt like sitting on the stool in the bathroom for an hour. I'm still walking around the bathroom and a little bit to last. When I finished both tests, I set a 3-minute timer on my phone. I checked a few times if it was minutes and not hours, but I had done well. It seemed like a whole day had expired before the timer of my phone went off next to the sink. I sighed deeply and walked to my phone.  I turn off the timer and looked at the tests that were next. I'll get the one I did first. I turn it over and I gasp for breath.

What do you think the test result is?

X. Hope