Chapter 78

"You're going to have a girl," the obstetrician says. I start crying and Harry jumps up.

"'A GIRL WE GET A GIRL'" he shouts and bends over to me and gives me a kiss. I'm laughing through the kiss.

"A girl," I say as he retreats from the kiss. I get tears in my eyes; I just get a daughter. Which I can learn to stand up for herself, teach herself not to walk over her. A girl I was going to love unconditionally. Will hug if she has a nightmare. She will comfort her if her heart is broken, a girl I'm going to learn to put on makeup. A girl I love unconditionally, who I can gossip with. A girl who hopefully someday finds her great love and Harry has to give her away. I'm so excited about her already. And now that I know what it's going to be, you're going to get a connection with it right away. In the beginning, of course, you love it, but you don't know how it's going to be. Now that we know what it is going to be, it is immediately. You're going to come up with things you want to do with her, and things you want to teach her. I'm so glad it's a girl. Of course, I love Merlin, too, but I really wanted a daughter. And now I'm going to have a doctor with the sweetest and greatest man on earth. I am so happy. We've had our things, but now we're finally getting our happy start. Life for us hasn't ended, far from it, it's just getting started.

I look at Harry and see that he too has tears in his eyes. Like me, he sits with tears in his eyes looking at the screen.

So that's what the woman says while you're giving us a lot of pictures. She grabs a wipe and removes the remaining gel from my belly. I sit up and pull my shirt back over my stomach while I look at the pictures. All the pictures are so much fun, but still one has my attention. It is a close up of the face, you can see all the noses and the close eyes, the lips are tightly pressed, and the hand sits like a fist next to the face. It's not really telling yet, of course, but she's beautiful. I'm giving the picture to Harry. He tackles it and looks at it. A giant smile is created on his face. He's going through the little one with his thumb. "Our princess," he says as I step off the couch, helping me with one hand. ''Our princess'' I repeat as I look at the picture and give Harry a kiss on his cheek. The doctor, meanwhile, had sat back at her desk. We walk up to her to thank her and shake hands. I put my hand out to her, but instead of her hand, she gives me a CD. ''That's a movie, I recorded the whole echo including the sound of the heart and put it on this CD', she says. I smile at her, ''thank you very much, we are very happy with this', I say and give her a hug she hugs me back. We both return at the same time and now Harry gives her a hand 'Thank you very much, for everything'' I hear him say as he hands with the woman. "I'd love to do it," she says. We still smile at her and then walk out the door.

We're in the car while he's still standing still in the parking lot.

"'Claire, I'm so glad I get to go through all this. We already have a wonderful son and a great daughter will soon be added. I know that with Merlin I haven't experienced many of his first times, birth and pregnancy. But I'm so glad I get a second chance to go through that. And thank you more for having another child with me, for marrying me. You're giving my life another purpose, hope. Without you, I had nothing, no great wife, no beautiful son and no miracle on the way. I'm so grateful for everything. I love you. Thank you for believing in me, thank you for believing in us." He has tears in his eyes and I too are crying. I don't know what to say, I'm completely speechless. I love this man so much. "I love you," I know, and then I press his lips hard.

We're on the phone with our parents. They already knew we were going to have another baby. When we told both parents, they started crying. I look at the screen, Harry's parents are on the right side of the screen. My parents are on the left side of the screen and we can be seen above in a small square. "What did you want to tell us?" asks Harry's stepfather. Me and Harry look at each other. "We're going to have a girl," we say at the same time. Both our mothers start screaming and congratulating us.  "We're so happy for you," they finally say. Then it's our dad's turn, both of them congratulating us.

I'm in bed now, Merlin we'd just put to bed. We took him to Louis today so we could get to the ultrasound and he could play with Freddie. I'm lying on my back with my head on Harry's chest. One of his hands is under his head and the other lights on my stomach. He starts moving with his thumb over my stomach. "Our miracle," he says, and he falls asleep. I'll give him a kiss on his jaw and fall asleep.

A girl!! What do you think about that? Do you like it? Harry is so happy he gets a daughter.

I want to tell you guys that when the book is finished I will work on this book better and change the mistakes in this book. I know there are much mistakes in here and i am thankfull that you read past that and still give this book a chance.

X. Hope