Chapter 5

4 months later

CLAIRE

Today I'm going to see the gynecologist. Normally, I'll find out today if I'm having a son or a daughter.

I've been five months pregnant now. Being pregnant isn't as bad as I thought. There are even times when I really like it. The doctors say I'm very lucky. There are other women who suffer much more from their pregnancy. I'm just suffering from binge sequalls. I'm constantly looking forward to food, except lasagna and mom's casserole. Of those two things, I still have to throw up, the smell alone.

All my friends know I'm pregnant. A few of them are a great support. There are others who gossip about me. They say I'm a slut and it's my own fault. Some even say Henry is the father. At first I really attracted that, but now it doesn't hurt me.

I've only heard from Henry once. He just wanted to know if he was the father. I can't believe it. He's just thinking about himself, because after I told him that was impossible, I didn't hear from him again. Okay, I didn't expect him to stand with me like a friend. Somewhere I didn't want it, he hurt me a lot. We ended up being good friends for years and then we had a relationship for a number of years, it seems like he's forgotten all that.

"Claire Jones?" "Yes?" "Come and see you. The doctor expects you."

I walk in and lie down on the chair, then the doctor puts cold gel on my stomach. She puts the ultrasound device against my belly, and then looks intently on screen. I turn my head and watch it, too. "Do you want to know what it's going to be Like Mrs Jones?" She asks me as she keeps looking at jet screen. "Yes, please" ''You are having a son.''

A boy. I'm having a son. I can't stop looking at my son's picture. "And are you glad it's a boy?" my mom asks home after a five-minute drive away. "I didn't really have a preference. I do have more boys names than girl names. So, yes, maybe a little glad it's a boy, that I am going to have a son"

"Do you know a name?" "I already have a few preferences. Do you have any preferences?" "No, actually not really, I did have some girl names, but you don't need that anymore." "Hahaha, indeed. Are we going to the store tomorrow? I want to buy a few things for the nursery." Last week we started choosing the paint for the room. We didn't know what gender it was going to be at the time, but I didn't want to have a typical girls' room anyway. Now the walls are white and drawings have been placed on one wall. The room is empty, but I want it done as soon as possible. I want to work on it myself while I can.

When we finally get home, I immediately start making a list of the things I need for the room. So a bed, a commode, rugs and a chair anyway. When I'm almost done with my list, suddenly my cell phone goes.

"Hello?" "Claire? It's Sara. I have some really good news. I'm going to run into someone here, and he's really perfect for you. I walked here in the store and he was looking for the CDs of The Killers. So I went to see him and we started talking. He loves Friends, The Hobbit, The Lord of The Rings, Harry Potter, the books and the movies, and "Whoa quiet, what do you mean by this now? What do you mean by perfect for me?" "Well, my dearest Claire, you're having a date with Silas tonight." A date?! She doesn't mean that?

"A date? I really don't feel like it. And I'm pregnant, he never wants to see me when he sees me." "He doesn't think that's a problem at all. Look, I said he reminded me of you and that you two would be a perfect couple. He was very interested in you when I showed you your picture. Then I said I could arrange a date for you two and, "But does he know I'm pregnant?!" "Let me speak! So when I talked about the date was very excited. He immediately asked when you could. And then I quickly told him you're pregnant." "What did he say about that?" "He was shocked, but it's not a problem for him. He said he loves babies, so it certainly doesn't deter him. So I'm here in the store now and I'm going to buy you a nice dress." "Wait who says I want to?" "Who says you have a choice?" I can imagine her face. When it comes to a date, you should never contradict with Sara.

When I see the dress, I'm instantly in love. I love it so much. Sara, meanwhile, does my makeup. It's very subtle; nude smokey eyes and light pink lipstick. I'm just letting go of my hair. As shoes, she bought brown loafers. I can't tolerate heels anymore, they're instantly hurting. When I finally look at myself in the mirror I am very happy with the result, it is very subtle and innocent, yet beautiful and somewhere a bit sexy.

 When I finally look at myself in the mirror I am very happy with the result, it is very subtle and innocent, yet beautiful and somewhere a bit sexy

Silas had come to pick me up half an hour ago. He looks so much fun. He's wearing a striped T-shirt, a bomber jacket and black pants. Sara knows perfectly which types I fall on.

We keep talking about everything. He's so interesting. There's been no awkward silences yet. I feel like I've known him for so long, we're just best friends who haven't seen each other in a long time.

"How... hmm how far are you?" "5 months." "I think it's very brave of you to love the child. I mean, it's not nothing to expect from a baby when you're still a "child" yourself."

"I know. My mother was younger herself, she was 18 when she had me and she advised me to keep the child. I never really thought I'd get rid of him. I was more panicked about how everything is going to go. But with the support of my mother and my friends, everything's going to be okay.

"What about the father? Isn't he here for you? If I may ask, of course, "He's really so sweet.

"There's no daddy. It was a one-night stand and to be honest, I don't remember anything about that one night. It happened when I was on holiday in Paris."

"Oh, ok..." Hopefully now he doesn't think I'm some slut who has a booze problem.

The rest of the evening actually went really well. We laughed and talked a lot. He's studying architecture. That was my dream to do that once, but I chose an engineer anyway. I also wanted to do interior design, because I could design furniture that way. I always found that fascinating to know how to make furniture. That remains my biggest dream, my own furniture store with my furniture. But Mom thought it had a lesser chance of success. That's why I chose engineer, not that ever regretted it, or went on to have it.

Silas also has the same interests in terms of movies and series. We even agreed to watch a full day of movies this Saturday and a full day series next Saturday. He likes to read books, too. In terms of music, we almost match it well. The Killers is actually the only band we have in common. He hates Bastille. I almost hit him, but I could hold back. I started defending Bastille, of course. It ended on a Battle of Bands, instead of The Battle of The Bastards of the Battle of Five Armies. He defended Arcade Fire. I know strange combination to fight with.

Silas brought me back home. When we finally got to my house, he walked with me to my door. I open the door and turn at him. "I thought it was a good night." "So am I. Until Saturday?" "Until Saturday" I give him a hug quickly and I kiss him on his cheek. I'll go in.

I really like him.

Silas

She's really beautiful and the evening was so cozy. I'm so glad I met Sara at the store. Otherwise, I would never have met her. At first, I was a little nervous about the fact that she's pregnant. I didn't know what her relationship was like with the dad, but now I know there's none. I never have to be afraid to ever have to share her.

I hope Claire feels the same way I do, but I think so. She kissed me in the end. All right, it was just on my cheek and then. She kissed me. Shit, wait, I said feel the same way I do? Do I feel anything for her? I'll see on Saturday.