Chapter 49

Harry

Just when I'm done and I come out of my dressing room, I see Claire ready with Merlin in her arms. She's wearing a long, salmon pink pleated skirt that's going over her knees. She wears a black Long-Sleeved T-shirt and black heels. She looks beautiful. Her hair has big waves and she's also painted. She has burgundy lipstick on, and it makes her very sexy. Suddenly, a cough interrupts my mind. I look and see that Fleur is looking at me.

 I look and see that Fleur is looking at me

"Hi," I say a little absent. I'm still so surprised Claire can look so gorgeous. She's already beautiful, but now so fully made up, whoa. It makes it all harder to get her out of my head. "Hi," Fleur says back. She smiles hesitantly. I see she looks at Claire from time to time and then back to me. She probably realizes I'm blinded by Claire's beauty. "She's beautiful, isn't she?" she says. She's walking to her camera in the meantime, and I'm following her. "Yes, it's the first time I've seen her like this, all made up and all that' s why I'm so surprised to see her like that," I say. I hope she doesn't find out anything, because there's so much to find out.

"Hi, I'm Claire. You're probably Fleur,' Claire says when she comes to us. Fleur looks at me in a surprised way. She probably didn't expect Claire to know her. "Um, yes, I'm Fleur. How did you know that?' she asks. "Harry here can't talk about your silence," she says, quickly giving me a wink. Fleur starts blushing slightly and looks down. "Hopefully just good things," she says, eventually grinning at me. I chuckle. "Of course, only good. Oh, this is Merlin, by the way. There are times when I'm so used to him when I forget to introduce him,' Claire says with a laugh. "Say hello to Fleur," Says Claire. I see Fleur frown because she doesn't understand her, which makes me laugh. She hits my arm playing. "Like you understand," she says with a laugh. "Actually, yes. She told Merlin to say hello to you,' I say proudly. "Pervert," she mutters. "Hi," Merlin says shyly, crawling into Claire's neck cavity, where we all laugh. "Sorry, normally he's not that shy," Claire says. "Is ok," Fleur says. "Hi, Merlin. I'm Fleur,' she says, extending her hand to Merlin. He giggles and takes her index finger and shakes it. "He's a baby," Fleur says. "Are you ready?" my manager asks. We nod and start the shoot.

'We actually thought we'd take a few pictures inside while you play with Merlin and then we'd go outside,' fleur says. We nod and do as we are told. After some time, we'll go outside. Merlin's in good with it. He opens up more and more and enjoys the attention he gets, especially Fleur's. It reminds me of me when I was a kid. I also loved the attention I got.

Now we're outside. First Claire has to walk with Merlin in a huge lawn. It gives something nostalgic. The place and the clothes, it's a beautiful atmosphere I have to admit. I watch her skirt blow in the wind, her hair blowing wildly in the wind, how she laughs at Merlin, how she tries to stop him when he runs away from her. "Harry, you can join me," Fleur tells me. I walk up to them and grab Merlin right away and wave him in the air. He giggles and I hear Claire laughing, too.

I then place Merlin on my hip and put an arm around her waist so she can be closer to me. Claire's arm also goes to my waist and the other goes to Merlin. She rubs his cheek. That's how we seem like a happy family. We're happy, but can you really call us a family? I mean, we're not even a couple, no matter how much I'd like it. I'm giving Claire a kiss on her head in her hair. She looks up and smiles sweetly at me. "I'm so glad we got drunk and had sex," I say. Claire laughs and then slaps on arm. "Don't say that in front of our son," she says, "madly angry." "What?" He doesn't understand,' She says, laughing. "In Dutch, we also say "sex," she says. I'm starting to laugh now. 'But I'm also happy. He's beautiful,' she says, giving Merlin a kiss on his lips. I wish it was mine. Am I jealous of my own son now? I smile lightly and shake my head. "Daddy," Merlin says. I can see his lips coming out at me. I'll give him a kiss on his lips. After the kiss, I see him looking at us happily. "I wish we had a pause button. We'd be here forever,' I say. Claire puts her head on my shoulders and nods slightly.

After half an hour Fleur shouts that she has enough pictures. Merlin starts clapping and jumping. Everyone starts laughing and he looks at us strangely. "Why laugh?" he asks me. It always melts my heart when he talks English to me. I can't wait to have conversations with him. Now it's a few words, small sentences and gestures, but never real conversations. "Laugh because it's fun," I tell him. He immediately starts laughing. "Nice!" he shouts, jumping into my arms.

We go in and change. I walk out the door of my dressing room and see Fleur clean everything up. From Claire's room, I hear laughter from Merlin and Claire. It melts my heart again. I'm going to Fleur's. "Hi," I say. "Hi," she says back. "So, you're talking about me?" she asks, grinning. I smile lightly and go through my hair with my hand. "Maybe," I say. She laughs. "Can we meet tonight?" I ask. She looks up and smiles. "Please," she says.

"So, you guys are on a date?" asks Claire. We're in the car on our way back home. Claire apparently heard when I asked Fleur on a date. I nod. "What do you do?" she asks. "That's a surprise," I say. "Oh, come on, say it. Merlin and I will remain silent. Hey, Merlin,' she says, pointing to Merlin, who looks at us confusedly. "You see, silence is allowed," she says with a laugh. "Ok, ok. I rented one of those pickups and I'm going to fill the bin with pillows and blankets. I'm going to drive to the beach afterwards and there's going to be a screen and a projector ready. So, we're going to watch a movie there. After that, we're supposed to sleep there. I rented off a piece of the beach,' I say. "Are you going to ask her to date?" she asks. "Yes, I think so anyway," I say. "I even prepared a song," I add. "Which?" "I've been waiting for a girl like you" by Foreigner," I say. "Oh, I love that song. That reminds me of that game; "GTA Vice City," she says. "You played games like that?" I ask, shocked. "What?" Can't a girl play a man's game?' she asks playing angrily. I'm starting to laugh.

Claire

Merlin and I are back home. Harry just dropped us off and had to leave right away. He needs to prepare his date. I'm glad he found someone. I remember sometimes wondering if he'd find someone for the rest of his life, but see now, he has Fleur.

On the kitchen table there is a note and Sara and Robin wrote that they went for a run. Merlin's playing with his toys when the bell suddenly rings. On the video, I see it's Silas. I frown because I don't know why he's here. "Hi," I say. "Come in." I open the door, and, in a minute, it'll be at my door that's already open.

"Sijas," Merlin says when he sees Silas. He walks up to him and is immediately carried by him. "Hi, my friend. How's it going?' he asks. "Super. We just had a sjoot,' says Merlin. Silas frowns at me and I chuckle. "A photo shoot," I say, laughing. "Ah, are you a model already?" asks Silas Merlin, tickling. Merlin starts giggling and screaming with pleasure. I smile enjoying the image. I'm glad Silas and I are back on "same" wavelength. I know I won't take him back as a boyfriend, but I'll take him back as a friend, best friend. Indeed, he's in the friend zone.

"What are you going to do?" I ask when we're all in the bank. We drink our coffee and Merlin from his chocolate and just talked about the shoot. "I'm going back to the Netherlands," he says. "So, I wanted to say goodbye." "Are you leaving again?" asks Merlin weakly. "Yes, but I'll be back," Silas says, holding Merlin tightly to his side as they sit next to each other. "Do you promise?" asks Merlin with watery eyes. "I promise," Silas says, holding his little finger for Merlin. Merlin immediately wraps his little finger around it. Silas puts his arms around him and brings him to his lap. "I always come back, Merlin," he whispers in his ear and kisses him on his nose, on which Merlin giggles. Soon Silas looks at me and smiles.

"Are we going to make something else?" We can make cookies,' I suggest. Silas and Merlin begin to nod. We stand up and take everything we need. While we're weighing everything, suddenly Robin and Sara come in. They're all sweaty. "Hi, everybody," they say in unison. "What are you going to make?" asks Robin. "Cookies," Silas says. "Oh, the good one with Nutella?" asks Robin hopefully. I nod, laughing. She starts cheering with Sara.

After Sara and Robin shower, they're on the kitchen island. They watch as we make the dough. "What if we do a barbecue?" asks Silas. I frown. 'I can't do that, can you? I don't have a terrace,' I say. "We were always allowed to use the roof, the landlord said," he says. 'Ah right, I completely forgot that. I'll call him soon if we can still use it. We can invite Uncle Sam and Mom,' I suggest. "I'm calling Sam," Silas says, taking all his cell phone. "I'm calling Emily," Robin says, and doing the same thing. I'll call my landlord. In the meantime, I'm hitting Sara's hand trying to eat the dough. Merlin giggles when he sees it and Sara starts tickling him.

After all the phone calls, everything's fine. Sam and Mom are here. The grill, which Sam had, is already on, we were able to buy meat, make pastas, cut vegetables and eat biscuits of which there are only three left. So, we're on the roof of the apartment block. It gives us such a nice view of Brooklyn. In the far, you can see the bridge. Suddenly I hear from the speakers "I've been waiting for a girl like you" and immediately think of Harry. I hope his date goes well.