Chapter 55

Harry

My son is finally going to school for the very first time and will hopefully know his English soon. I'm on my way to See Claire, because of course she wanted to go to school. Last week Merlin and I spent a lot of time together. I even took him to one of my rehearsals and that's how my band got to know him. They really liked him right away and he had them. I actually barely saw Claire last week. It does think it's going to be pretty hard, well, for me. My feelings for her are certainly not diminished. It certainly didn't help to see pictures of Claire and Niall together. A lot of people think they're together, but I heard her the day before yesterday on the phone and she said they're not officially together yet, but they often go on a date. I hope I can hold back.

"We're here, Merlin," I say when she arrives at her apartment. "School?" he asks frowning. "No, with Mom," I say, laughing. All weekend he's been a bit down when he's been told he's going to have to go to school every day from now on. He was sad that he won't see us all day and that he's going to have to learn a few things. He wasn't excited. This morning, he even cried because he didn't want to go. He's going to miss us. I had to keep my strength, so I didn't cry. It's never nice to see your son crying and certainly not when he's crying because he'll miss us.

'Yes! Mama!' he shouts enthusiastically, the school completely forgotten. I get out and open his door. He jumps right out and walks to the door, but of course he can't handle the lever. "Daddy! Hurry up!' he shouts. He's impatient. I'm going to go to him smiling and open the door. One day I'll press the bell. Rap answers them and says she's coming. After a minute, she's already downstairs. It's obvious she walked.

It's the first word that shoots in my head when I see her is" beautiful. She has a simple pull on underneath with jeans pants and black pumps. However, she manages to look beautiful. She crouches down in front of Merlin and hugs him tightly. After all, she hasn't seen him for a week. She used to call a lot, but it's not the same. It was mainly because of her exams and lessons, for which she passed. Indeed, Claire is now a furniture designer. I'm so proud of her, and she was so happy when she called me.

"Mama, I missed you!" calls Merlin. "Me you too, darling. So am I. And are you ready to go to school? To make new boyfriends. To learn new things?" she asks, no idea what. I am thinking of taking Dutch lessons, but I am very busy getting started. I know a few words, but Not enough.

"I don't want to," he says with a pout. They're probably talking about school.  'It's going to be okay. Next thing you know, you'll be home and Lela and Luna will be with you,' she continues as she kisses on his cheek. "Luna!" he calls, causing Claire and I to start laughing, too.

"We'll leave," I say. She looks up and smiles at me. She looks so happy. Would it be Niall? I hope so. Then I know she's safe and well with him. She nods and brings Merlin to her hip. He puts his arms around her neck and his head on her shoulder. One of his thumbs is going into his mouth, too.

"How are you?" asks Claire as we put Merlin in the car.

"All right. Press it,' I say. "And you?" We get in the car and I start the car.

"Super," she says with a broad smile. "Super?" I ask with raising eyebrows. In the meantime, she nods at me with a smile. "Yes, super. It's like everything's falling on its feet. I'm a furniture designer now and i can most likely work as a furniture designer at a top furniture store, Merlin goes to school, we have a nanny for him again, between us it's good and between Niall and me it's top. It couldn't be better,' she says as she looks in front of her. As a result, she doesn't see my face and she doesn't notice that it changes with the part of Niall. At first, I was glad she said we were okay. Then she said, however, that the "top" is between her and Niall. It's between them better than between us. And go, we're jealous again. Just by one sentence, she can make me jealous, one sentence.