Chapter 23

CLAIRE

After yesterday's incident, I'm afraid to go out. I was really scared back then. I've seen a few videos of that moment and by watching it I get stuffy. I don't understand why people are so interested in Merlin. They really think he's the son of. No, they don't think so, they know. For them, it's a fact, Harry is the father. Even though it has not yet been confirmed. Indeed, not yet. I know I can't keep it from FOREVER.

"Mommy play." Merlin pulls on my pants. We're all alone in the house. Silas has a job application and Robin and Sara went to the sea. I didn't want to come because I was afraid of the paparazzi.

"Sorry, honey, but not today," I say as I take him. I can tell by his eyes that he's going to start crying, and I can't stand that.

"Please, don't cry. Mom can't take that." Before I realize it, the first tears roll over his cheeks. God, he knows how that he can make sense.

"Okay, then. But first we go to the store. The fridge is completely empty and then we go to the park."

At the word 'park' he starts to clap enthusiastically with his hands. He then places his hands on my cheeks. I'm going to tap my lips and he's doing the same thing. When I kiss him, he starts giggling? So that always happens when I kiss him.

Together with Merlin, we're going upstairs. I take off his pajamas and put a white T-shirt and black pants on him. I myself put on a black crop sweater and black jeans with black converse underneath. When his bag is ready, we'll leave for the shopping street. Today I didn't bring his buggy. He's been walking before, so I must wear him less in my arms.

When we finally arrive at the shopping street, I see huge crowds in the far away. Soon I'll take Merlin in my arms. I'm closing his face to my chest, hoping no one can see him.

I walk through the crowd as soon as possible, hoping no one notices us, but I see some looking at me and then saying something to their friends.

"She's here too."

"What's she doing here?"

"So he is the father?"

"Is she gonna confess?"

What do they mean? Who might be here? Tell him it's not true? Soon I see why it's so busy here. There's a signing underway from One Direction. It has yet to begin, because I just see a car coming in front of the entrance to the store where it's all going to happen.

I quickly turn around, but just at that moment I see flashes along the side, the front and the back. Okay, everywhere. I'm going to take Merlin close to me.

"Mama," he says with a trembling voice. He raises his eyebrows. I know he's going to start crying at any moment. I really need to get out of here. The paparazzi are getting closer and closer and asking so many questions. I keep spinning in circles I don't find a hole to walk through. Merlin has also started crying. Of course, people need a picture of this, because there are more and more flashes.

"Please, let me go!" I beg.

When I look around, I see One Direction getting out of the car. The boys laugh, but soon look at my direction. They probably notice that something's going on here.

I see Harry looking at me. Shit, I really need to get out of here. If all these people left now. I feel my eyes getting damp. Merlin is starting to cry even harder. Suddenly there are three big men with me.

"Hello, I'm Paul. I'm part of One Direction's security. Harry sent me to you to help you. He saw you had problems with the paparazzi," says one of the men.

"Very sweet, but I just want to get out of here," I say.

"You won't get far alone, believe me. Now just come with us and you can leave when it's quieter."