Chapter 26

CLAIRE

Two weeks after Merlin was with Harry, he's been with him a few more. I was always there. Next weekend, they're going to be alone. We both see Merlin and Harry getting a bond. It's not like Silas yet, but we'll get there. I also see he's getting happier. He shines when he sees Merlin. The boys also like to play with Merlin.

Harry and the boys and I have become pretty good friends. We have fun when we're together and I feel not superfluous with them. At first, I had. I mean, they're one group, and suddenly I'm there with them, too. I best match Niall. He's sweet. At first, he was a little strange and distant towards me, but not anymore. I'm happy. I feel like I'm with a best friend.

Silas found work, by the way. It's an architecture firm. It's successful, which makes him very busy. I don't see much of him. He says it's because they're working on an important project. He wants to prove himself because he got the job in the nick of time. His boss wasn't sure to hire him. Silas has no experience and then you still have the fact that that project is very important.

I miss him. There are times when I go to sleep in an empty bed and in the middle of the night, I hear him coming home, but I immediately fall asleep. I do feel like he doesn't even take me or give me a kiss. He'll be gone the next morning. Robin and Sara see that he's aloof from me.

Speaking of them, today they go back home, just on my last day of my leave. That's why we're going to go to the park with Merlin. Normally Silas's going to be there, too, but he wasn't sure, he might have to work. Work? On a Sunday?

You'd think, in the park with Merlin? What about the media? Well, the attention has already been much reduced. After that incident at the signing, there was a lot of commentary on the behavior of the paparazzi. At first, they said everything about Harry and me, but they didn't bother us anymore. Now hardly anything is said about us. I think Harry did or said something, because I think its kind of weird. That's how suddenly they give up, one day I asked him, and he was acting very weird then and said he didn't do anything. Hmm, I don't believe him. However, I would love it if he did.

I'll get Merlin ready and I'll take him to the kitchen.

"Are you going to keep an eye on him?", I ask Silas.

"Why?", he asks without looking at me. What's his problem?

"I'm getting ready so I can't keep an eye on him," I say with obvious irritation in my voice.

"Yes, well, go ahead."

"Are you ready," I ask.

"For what?", he asks. Is he pretending he doesn't know anything, or has he forgotten, or doesn't he know what I'm talking about?

"We're going to the park later."

"Ah, didn't I tell me to work?" What?! It's fucking Sunday! No! He's coming.

"It's Sunday. No one works on a Sunday." I raise my voice, but it clearly doesn't do him anything.

"Well, I do. Get ready now, because I have to leave later." And still looks at him not at me. What happened to Silas? Why is he doing like this? What did I do?

"What's going on Silas?", I finally ask. Something I've been asking for days.

"Nothing. Yes, I must go. You're going to have to look at Merlin." And with that, he's going out the door without any eye contact.

I feel my eyes are getting watery. Merlin is on my leg and pulls on my pants. I'm lost in my mind about Silas. Why is he doing like this? I barely see him, he barely looks at me, he barely talks to me and he barely hits me, no waits, never turns on. Isn't he attracted to me anymore? Isn't he in love with me anymore? There are tears rolling down my cheeks. He's not in love with me anymore, that's it. The Silas who followed me to Brooklyn is no longer here.