Chapter 10

CLAIRE

Mom's been back from Brooklyn since last week, she went to see how she was doing with the renovations of her store. Sam went with her. Together they also have a number of apartments, but not one was good enough; too small, too big, too far, too busy, too expensive, too blahblah,... There was always something. Mom's back, but Sam stayed there, of course.

I work with Mom, too. I needed a job for Brooklyn to put aside some money, because a child is expensive. Mom says there's no need for her to pay everything until Uhuru Design. But I didn't want to, and so she offered me a job at her behind a desk. That's not how I have to do a hard job and she can keep an eye on me.

Things are a little better between me and Silas. The tensions are still there, but we learn to deal with it. I've dreamed of him a few times, how we kiss each other and how we grab each other and how we have sex. I even fell asleep in the couch during a movie and had another dream. Suddenly Silas woke me up and he was wearing only sweatpants. He has the perfect body, and not insignificant a beautiful six-pack. I didn't know what to do anymore. Just now I pictured with him in my bed, and oh my god he was good and wild, and then suddenly he stands there with exposed upper body. But for the rest, everything goes top between us. Seriously.

No, seriously. He's really super sweet and so worried about me. There are times when I can't go out because it blows and rains a little too much. I know, it sounds a bit freaky, but I don't care. He's been with me so many times in the last few months. We've become really good friends.

Speaking of friends, Sara and Robin haven't left me alone lately either. Every day they're here. Before and after their lessons, during their breaks. They really want to be with me as much as possible before I leave. Normally we have a monthly film marathon, but now it's weekly, sometimes Silas gets to watch. When Mom was gone, they were with me to take care of me.

I have been a long way for nine months and merlin is expected next week. It's really hard. I want him out, I really do. I'm tired, i always have to go to the toilet, eat continuously and waddle. See, I waddle like a penguin. I love him, but man he makes me suffer.

Last week I had one last check and everything was fine. Now on to June 23.

This morning Robin was at my house.

"Hey, not class yet?", I ask as I come to bends.

"Hey, yes. I don't have classes until 11:00. Has your mother been to work yet?"

"Jup, she's very busy with the second store. Everything has to be ready by the opening. She says it's going to be a big party. At least, she hopes. She's also hoping for her brother's help. His work apparently often comes into contact with famous people. So she hopes he can and will invite them to the opening party. It would be good advertising"

"I'll make you breakfast soon," she says as she walks to the kitchen.

"I don't have to, I'll do it mys- "Nooo, sit and let me do it."

After a beautiful breakfast Robin left and Silas is just there. Sometimes I really think they've agreed a lot so I'm never home alone. It's all just too coincidental.

"Hey. It's a coincidence, by the way, Robin's leaving and here you are."

"Hmm, what do you mean?"" he says scratching at the back of his neck. He always does that when he's nervous. Caught!

"Did you agree or something?"

"Okay, yes, but we're worried and -"

"Hey, it's ok though. I love it.", I give him a hug.

While we're watching Friends, I suddenly feel pain in my uterus.

"Auwch," I grab to my stomach.