Chapter 60

Harry

Right now, we're playing outside. Merlin's in the swing, and I'm pushing him. Claire, meanwhile, occasionally takes pictures, but often checks her mobile phone and puts it in her pocket again and again sighing. It's obvious she's waiting for a message from someone but from whom? Would she wait for Niall? "Daddy push!" cries Merlin. I look up and see him looking at me. Laughing, I push again.

"All ok?" I ask Claire. She can't hear me because she's focused on her cell phone with a frown. "Claire!" Startled, she looks up. "All ok?" She nods slightly and looks at her cell phone again. Sighing, I'm focusing on Merlin again. Eventually Merlin wants to be on the slide.

"Mama, will you catch me?" asks Merlin after I brought him upstairs. Again, she doesn't look up, what's it about her and her cell phone? I mean, she's just looking at it. "Mama!" merlin yells again, and she doesn't hear him again. Sighing, Merlin gives up. He smiles slightly, but I see he's not so happy. Laughing, however, he slips into bends and immediately catch him, meanwhile I see Claire going in.

"Again, again!" he shouts enthusiastically. Looks like he forgot claire's behavior. Laughing, I bring him back up. So, it will take a while until we suddenly feel a few drops fall on us. "Daddy, it's raining!" he screams with pleasure. Immediately he walks around and jumps into some small puddles. In the meantime, it's raining harder. It then runs more in the direction where there is not so much grass, but it does have soil and with water there is mud.

"Come on, Merlin. We're getting wet and dirty!' I shout at him. I walk carefully to him. Just then it goes wrong. I feel that the ground has become very slippery due to the rain and before I realize it, I lie on the ground. Laughing, Merlin looks at me. "Harry! Merlijn! Come in before you get sick!' I hear Emily shouting. Merlin walks up to me, and this is how he falls. Instead of wanting to stand up, he starts rolling in the mud. Laughing, I stand up and pick him up, and I'll walk in. Merlin and I, meanwhile, are soaked and dirty.

"Guys, what do you look like? Come on, take a bath, now,' emily says. She looks angry, but I still hear a little smile like Merlin, and I go to the bathroom. "Oh, where's Claire?" "In your room. She didn't seem very happy,' she says with a sad look. "I'm going to talk to her later," I say, and walk further into the bathroom. That's where I see Merlin take off his clothes. I'm going to fill up the tub. Once it's full, Merlin takes a bath. "Daddy, join us," he says, playing with the water and the toys that are in them. I'm going to think for a moment, but then get out of the way. When I see him not paying attention, I quickly take off my boxer shorts and sit in the bath behind Merlin.

After half an hour, we're clean again. I put a towel around my waist and Merlin does just the same. I also notice that I should shave myself and then put shaving cream on my face. Merlin looks at me giggling. "What are you doing?" he asks. "Shave," I say as I place it on the edge of the lavabo. "Can I?" he asks. "Hmm, when I'm done, we're going to shave you," I say. When I'm done, he looks at me impatiently.

I then put shaving cream on his face and then find something with a sharp edge, but not something that can cut it. I'm not mean. I'll see a nail file somewhere. Perfect. I do it first underwater and "shave" Merlin bit by bit. When I'm done, he looks proudly at his reflection. He brings him back to the ground and he walks down. "Grandma, look, I'm shaved!" he yells at Emily. Laughing, I walk into the room and see Claire sitting on the bed with her hands in her hair and elbows on her knees. I'm tired of it, I want to know what's going on. I close the door and that's why she looks at me. Correction, she's looking at my half-naked body.

I'll sit next to her. 'What's going on and don't say "nothing" because I'm not going to fall for that. It's obvious there's something. You even ignored Merlin. He was about to cry because you didn't look back at him. What's going on?' I ask sternly. I want her to realize I'm serious. Just when Claire wants to say something, someone knocks on the door and Emily comes in. "Merlin needs clothes," she says. She quickly takes clothes and goes downstairs after she closes the door.