Chapter 65

Jack

"Thank you, Jack. I did hurt myself when the chair fell. Lucky, she believed that gunshot,' Harry says as he sits down next to the boys, who look at him confused. They don't know anything about the plan, of course.

"What might have happened? What was the plan?' asks Liam.

'Well, we pretended to beat up Harry and through blood bags, which Harry kept, it looked like he was hurt, just like in the movies. The gun wasn't real either. It just mimics the sound and smoke,' I explain to them.

"All right, found. What have you found out now?' asks Louis.

'We know she held them and where. She then placed them on a plane to Nigeria. There was someone waiting for them to sell them,' I say sighing.

"Sell?" asks Harry, afraid.

"Yes, sell. He's a human trafficker. That's all we know about him. We look up the footage of the airport in Nigeria, hoping we can get a picture of him,' I say.

"What can we do?" asks Niall.

"Nothing. You'd better go home. There's nothing you can do here. I'll keep you posted when we find something,' I say.

After all the events, I've gained their trust, because they're going home without any problems. Meanwhile, I'm being called by someone.

'We got the images and we've got an immediate price. We can clearly see how Claire and Merlin are taken by a man. We even have an image of his face,' he says.

"Well done. Print the photo and take it to the interrogation room. I'll make Ella look at it to see if he's that Eric,' I say, and let him take Ella to the interrogation room.

A few minutes later, I'm back across from Ella. She's behaving completely differently now that she's finally admitted she's Ella. She looks a lot less innocent.

"All right, Ella. We're going to talk a little bit further about Eric. What did you say?"" I ask.

"Nothing," she says. "Where's Harry?" Is he ok?' she asks quickly.

"Harry?" He's perfectly fine. Now, Eric. What were you talking about?

'Nothing special. I told you, he didn't say much. It was mostly me talking,' she says.

"He must have said something, right?" Before she can bless anything, someone comes in and they give me the picture. "Ah, we have a picture here of the man who took Claire and Merlin. Is that Eric?' I ask and show the picture.

"Yes, that's him," she says. Other than that, she can't help me any further, so I'm going to send her back to jail. I'd go to the café where they used to talk with my colleague, Jason. Once we get there we go to the bartender, we introduce ourselves and ask her if she knows Eric, showing the picture.

"Yes, he's a regular," she says as she dries glasses.

"Do you know him well?" asks Jason.

"No, I'm sorry. I never talked to him,' she says.

"Have you seen this woman here?" I ask, showing a picture of Ella when she was Lela.

"Yes, she was often talking to Eric. She was a little bad-minded and he went there and asked what was going on. He does that all the time. He's going to talk to people who are a little sad. For days or weeks on end, he only talks to the same person. Then suddenly he disappears for a few weeks. Out of nowhere, he comes back and looks for someone new,' she says.

"Do you see him sometimes with family or friends. Or do you know where he's staying?' I ask.

"No, not noticed yet. I've heard him talk about a hotel, right here on the corner, and sometimes I see him walking in there. Maybe he's staying there,' she shrugs.