Chapter 68

Two months later

Claire

We're two months away. We've been back home in Harry's house for seven weeks, ever since we got back, he hasn't left us alone without security. The house has 20 new cameras, which you don't have to

''Harry, we don't need so many new cameras. We're safe." Harry was watching for new security. We sat on the couch together and my feet were on his lap. ""You and Merlin are the most important thing in my life, if you leave again, I'm not going to forgive myself. So maybe it's not necessary, but it makes me feel safe. I love you so much, if I just think about what happened, I'm already going to cry. "Okay darling if it means so much to you buy those cameras. But I want you to know that I'm never going to leave you, ever." He gave me a kiss on my mouth and went with his thumb over my cheek. ''And I know you think everything that happened is your fault, but it's not. You're the reason I'm sitting here and Merlin's upstairs in his room playing. Please don't blame yourself."

Harry blames himself for everything that's happened, which you don't have to. He's just the reason Merlin and I are still alive. I was at the beginning of that I was back afraid something would happen to Merlin, but we put a camera in his room. We also made the door safer, so you need the key and a code. In the evening, or when we've been away for a long time, we're even looking at our eyes.

When the camera was placed in Merlin's room and I could always see what was happening, I got over it very quickly. A lot of people have trauma to these kinds of events, but Merlin and I got back on their feet very quickly. Merlin was very quiet the first week and was very much on his own, but after a week it was over, and he was even more social than before. I would have been to some psychiatrists, but they all said I didn't have any trauma or other things left to it. They say that's because I've kept hope, a lot on the right end. And that's right because my hope is the two guys I love the most: Harry and Merlin. They are everything and I have never lost hope in them, because they are always there, always. The only one who did suffer trauma is Harry. When we got home he often stayed awake, checking dozens of times if all the doors and windows were closed properly. Security in and around the house was tripled. He has been getting better and better since a week, he still fills himself with super guilty, but fortunately understands more and more that it is not his fault.

Harry

I'm going to do it, I'm just going to do it. It may be too early but I love her and I'm sure she loves me. I want to be with her every second for the rest of my life. Forever.  They're everything to me.

I'm standing in the jeweler, looking at all the beautiful rings. I've looked at a lot of them, but they're pretty, but they don't suit Claire. Claire is pure and prachtig without being forced, that's what I want to find for her in the ring. I want to walk out of the store until my eyes fall on the perfect ring. I'm looking at it and I'm sure this is the ring. It's different from the ring I have in mind, but this one suits her much better. It's almost royal and that's right because she's my queen, with or without a ring, wherever she is. She remains the woman of my life, of my heart. I walk up to the counter and tell him I want to look at that ring. The woman standing behind the counter nods and walks after me where I show the ring i would like to look at. She nods and opens the display case. She takes the ring out and gives it to me. I'm going to take him over and take a look at it. ''I'd like to buy these''

''Are you sure this ring costs 60,000''

"Yes, I'm sure, and she's worth more."

"Okay, come with you," the woman says as she walks back to the counter. I'm going to run after her and put the ring on the counter and get my debit card out of my wallet. She grabs the ring from the counter and puts it in a nice velvet red box. Find the box in a bigger box, then she puts that box in a bag. I pay and thank her for her help. I walk out of the store, no one's checking me out. And before I wonder why I remember having my disguise on. Otherwise, I would never have been able to buy a ring quietly. And Claire knew what I bought before I got home, and then the whole surprise was gone. I walk into the bus and drive away.

Claire

I hear the door open, Harry's home. "'Claire and Merlin, are you going to watch the sunset with you to the park?'" Harry yelled from downstairs. "Yes, Daddy nice," Merlin yelled at Harry as he hopped down the stairs. It was a funny image and I started chuckling. Harry got up at the bottom of the stairs and caught him when Merlin jumped at him. "Yes, is good one minute"" I picked up my purse and phone. Put some band-aids in there and my phone. I walked down and gave Harry a kiss. "'2 months'" "2 months." Today we were officially together for 2 months, the day after we were found he asked me to be his girlfriend. I answered him by giving him a kiss on his mouth "nothing more." I walked up to the coat rack and took my coat off, I put on my coat while Harry at the same time put Merlin on his coat, which was difficult because Merlin didn't want to let go of his dinosaurs. After a minute's try, Harry succeeded and walked out.

We walked through the park to a bench. In front of the bench was a fountain with a lawn for which Merlin was playing. It was as if he had forgotten everything that had happened so carefree, he was sitting there playing.  Harry gave me a kiss on my cheek and got up, I wanted to ask what he wanted to do when he started talking. "'Claire, I love you'" I smile at him and he drops down on one knee. He takes a box out of his pocket and opens it; it's got the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. I start crying and look back at him as he starts talking. ''I love you because you're so loving, because you're so honest, because you're so nice and especially because you're the perfect mother to Merlin. I love you because you're yourself and I can be myself with you. I love you. I never want to lose you again. I want to have more kids with you and raise them together. I want to wake up together and go to sleep together, I want to laugh with you, challenge you. I want to do everything, as long as it's with you. I can't live without you. Dear beautiful Claire, do you want to marry me?'' tears streaming down both our cheeks. "Yes, yes I will. I love you." We're both going to stand and I'm going to kiss him. He slides the ring on my finger and kisses me again. I love him.

What do you think about them getting married?

x. Hope