Chapter 8

Claire

I'm bringing my bedroom all the way ready for our movie marathon. I make some kind of tent with all sheets and pillows. In the tent is the TV and all around there are lights. In front of the TV are the many kisses and my mattress. I want to make it as cozy as possible. While I'm still making the popcorn, suddenly the doorbell rings. By the way, I'm lucky mom just had to work a whole day today. She has to work until 8 p.m. instead of 6 p.m.

At the door is Silas, duuh who else. He looks so good again. He shouldn't even bother, I guess. If he's just awake, he'll probably still look better than I'll ever look.

"Heey, come in," I say. I hope he doesn't hear I'm going to break down from the stress.

"Heey, you look beautiful again." "Hihi, thank you." Wtf? Why did I have to laugh as a teenager? Ridiculous kid I am. Shit, I'm really nervous.

"I just have to put the popcorn in a jar and we can start the movies." "Okay, great. Are you doing that more? Such a movie marathon? Because when I look at all the food like that." I did buy a lot.

"Hahaha yes with Robin and Sara. Really still often actually. And you'll see upstairs, we don't just watch movies on a bed. No, no, no, no, no, no We do it as real professionals," I say as I wink.

"Woah, blissful. How much work did you have to build that up completely?"

"Like I said, we do it so many times that it's a habit. So it doesn't really feel like much work. I could do it with my eyes closed."

After watching two movies, I went downstairs for more water. I've seen from time to time that he was watching me and not at the movie. I even tested sometimes to make sure he really looked at me by starting yawning and because of that he had to yawn too. Haha caught.

Suddenly I feel a stamp in my belly. OMG, that was the first time. "SILAS!" I don't know why, but I called him.

"What's there?! Are you all right?" He walks right at me with a worried look when he sees me with my hands on my stomach. "Is there anything wrong with Merlin?"

"No, on the contrary, Ooh, he did it again. He kicked for the first time. Feel, he's busy- Oooh." I take his hand and put it on my stomach. That's why he's suddenly very close to me.

"Woah, it's going to be a footballer." When I look at him, I see he's looking at me, too. God, he's really so beautiful. He looks right into my eyes. I get lost in his green eyes. It feels so familiar, but I don't know why. I also look at his lips, they look so soft. Before I know it, I place my lips on his. I feel like he's going to go back a little bit first, but then he'll kiss back. The kiss is perfect just as I had hoped. He puts his hands on my shoulders and moves them little by little to my lower back. I'll take my hands to his neck and bring him closer. I'm going to miss him so hard in Brooklyn. Shit, Brooklyn.

I immediately pull away from him. "Sorry... I had... I mean, I wanted to, but..."

"It's okay, really. Believe me, I wanted to kiss you, too." He's coming back close, but I'm pushing him back. He's looking at me with a frown.

"No sorry, but we need to talk first." "About what? When it comes to Merlin"

"No, it's not about him, somewhere is. I euhmm... I don't know how to say it. I'm going to euhmm... Brooklyn."

"What do you mean going to Brooklyn? Right away? You're pregnant. But why even? I can't follow you." He shakes his head and goes with his hands in hair.

"I understand it's very confusing for you, but I'm not going yet, I'm going in six months. So I'm not going until after Merlin's birth. My uncle who lives there has been able to make sure I can work there in a furniture store where he works himself. It's always been my dream to work there. So within 6 to 7 months I'm gone to Brooklyn and I'm going to live there."

"What?! You're leaving? Really gone?!", he says as his voice gets louder, "Wtf Claire? Why? And then why did you kiss me? This is really fucked up, you realise that?"

"Yes, I know. I really couldn't help it. But I really like you, but I really like it. And God, I wish I never did, because now I realise I'm in love with you."

"Claire, I'm in love with you, too, but it doesn't matter, because you're leaving!", he shouts as he throws his hands in the air, "What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know, but I can't drop Brooklyn and-."

"Just what I thought." With that, he's going out the door.

Shit, I didn't expect that. Why did I have to kiss him now? But it felt so good. Perfect. I felt the butterflies in my belly go all the way. I'm really in love with him. Can you even say that? I've only seen him twice.

Silas

What am I supposed to do now? I'm really madly in love with her, and now she's leaving. Then why is she kissing me? yes, she likes me, but that's why she shouldn't play with my feelings. Shit, I can't think clearly anymore. The kiss keeps playing in my head. It felt so good. Her lips so soft and her hands in my neck.

When she put my hand on her stomach, it felt like it was OUR child. It was perfect. I know, it's not my child. But then, it felt so good and right. Then all of a sudden she comes with Brooklyn. I can't let her go. I can't. I'm going to miss her so hard. Shit, Silas, do it normally, you only know that girl for two days and ...

"AAAAAAHH FUCK!!!"

CLAIRE

"Heey Claire, what's there?", asks Sara. I called her after Silas left.

"Heeey, not so good actually. You know silas was coming today to watch movies?"

"Right, wait it's only 18 hours! That's a lame movie marathon."

"He left when I told him about Brooklyn."

"Was he so angry he left? A little exaggerated, isn't it?"

"Well, not really if you know I kissed him for that."

"WHAT?! And you're just saying that now. You say something like that first, then the problems. Always kiss first, Claire." There's a little smile on my face when I think about the kiss.

"I know, but well, I eventually pulled away from him and I started telling him of Brooklyn. He was super angry because I kiss him and then I say I'll be gone forever in a few months. He probably doesn't think I'm looking for anything seriously. He thinks I'm a slut anyway." My eyes are starting to water.

"What? A slut? Where does that come from now, Claire?"

"It's, isn't it? I'm pregnant with a stranger and I kiss someone when we can never have anything. And I know it won't work."

"First of all, you were drunk that one night and secondly you're in love with him. It's just bad timing all, both Silas and Brooklyn."

"I just hope that if I leave it's without a fight. For that, I care too much about him."

I really hope he's turned up by then.

On Friday there is gonna be a new chapter. What do you guys think of the book already. I just finished chapter 68 so it's not even close to finished yet! I really hope you like it!