Chapter 56

Claire

When I've finally finished work, I'm going home as soon as i can. I'm so curious what it's been like with Merlin. I'll pass by the newsagent quickly so I can buy a Vogue and read the interview. I step into the store and walk straight to the section where the fashion magazines are located, but I see that there is no more Vogue. Is everything really sold out yet?

'Um, excuse me, but is there another Vogue magazine left?' I ask the man behind the box office. "No, sorry everything sold," he says without looking at me. "Ok, then," I say sighing, "thank you anyway."

I'm going to walk on to my apartment and see Harry's car. I'll walk upstairs and hear all merlin's laughter from the outside. No, seriously, Merlin is always very loud. Fortunately, the neighbours are child-friendly and do not suffer from them. I open the door and hear Merlin yell at me. "Mama!" He walks up to me with his arms in the air. I'll lift him up right away and kiss his cheek. "Hi, how was school?" I ask as I put him on the table. "Nice," he says with a broad smile. I giggle and he's in, too.

I say goodbye to the rest; Harry, Lela and Luna. Afterwards, I walk to my room and quickly take a shower. When I get back downstairs, I see lela and luna are already gone. "Are they gone yet?" He nods and watches the children's movie on TV with Merlin on his lap.

I'll go to the kitchen and get the food ready. I see Harry looking at me a few times, but then he quickly looks away. Strange. Suddenly he's on the other side of the island. "Is there anything?" I ask. "No, I was just wondering if you've read Vogue yet," he says, eating a carrot. "No, all the specimens were gone," I say sighing. "Oh, I've got one," he says, then walks to the living room and takes something from the table I hadn't seen before. Here,' he says, throwing it on the island.

After reading the interview I am very surprised how good it actually is. "They typed it pretty well," I say. We're at the table eating. Harry nods and eats on. 'The pictures look pretty good too,' I say as I look at a picture of the three of us in the field. Harry's watching. "This one's really beautiful," he says. I nod. "Do you think they'd send it to us? I want to frame it,' I say. "Really?" he asks in a surprised way. I nod, smiling. "It's a perfect family photo," I say. "I'll call and let you know. Now, however, I have to go home. I'll see you the day after tomorrow,' he says.

'Right, I had to ask where and at what hour. I'm going to let it go on here,' I say. He says it's okay and then leaves.

I still put Merlin in the bath and then put him to bed after I read him a story and he told him all his adventures from school. I'll go downstairs and watch some tv. Just when I want to go to bed, my cell phone goes off. I look and see it's Niall. Right away, a smile will come to my face.

"Hi, Niall," I say. "Hi," he says back. "I'm not bothering, am I?"

"No, I went to bed," I say. "Hmm, I'll leave it," he says. "No, you don't have to. It's not like I'm that tired. Come on, talk,' I say, hoping he'll talk further. It's just so nice to talk to him. We can talk about so much together. That's the good thing about him. They're usually stupid and strange subjects.

"Ok, ok. Well I've seen and read Vogue,' he says with a laugh.

We'll talk for at least another hour until we decide to go to sleep. I'm in bed now and then fall asleep with Niall in my mind.

I think I'm really in love with him.

Tonight, is the day, then our family dinner continues. Anyone can be happy there. Merlin is also very happy when he was told. I've just come from work, and when I come in, Lela is already working on the mustard honey sauce. I also see pots with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots and even more vegetables ready washed and cut. "Hi," she says when she sees me. "Hi," I say back. "Thank you again for helping me start eating. I owe you.""