Chapter 22

CLAIRE

It's been a few days they've been talking about the picture. Especially because they know who I am. I hope it passes soon. I must go out with sunglasses and a hat every time. At first, I didn't, but people, especially girls, kept asking if I was Claire, Merlin's mother. Merlin also wears glasses and a hat.

Since he can walk, he hasn't been unstoppable. I'm happy that he wants to play outside with the ball and not with some technological stuff. I hate that there are parents who do allow that. There are preschoolers who already play with an iPad like it's nothing. I even once saw a toddler trying to swipe into a book. Since when can't we turn simple leaves around?

My leave starts today. I'm on leave for three weeks. Silas still hasn't found a job, but he'll have four applications next week. I really hope he'll find a job. I feel a little guilty. He's come all the way here for me, and now he doesn't find a job, while It's perfect for me.

Grandma's already gone home. Sara and Robin are still here. They'll be here for at least three more weeks. They're on vacation now. Their parents even come here one day next week. I told you we're just one big family.

While Silas takes Merlin in the bath, I watch TV. I'll stop zapping when I see Merlin's picture.

"... Styles hasn't said anything himself. One direction has since had several interviews and still no one has asked about Merlin. The paparazzi are trying to ask something about that subject, but he doesn't say anything. In the next video you can even see that his face clearly changes in the words: Merlin and Claire."

So, on the video you can see that Harry is harassed with cameras and questions like; 'Is Claire your girlfriend?', 'Is Merlin your son?', and so on... His face isn't really irritated but rather confused. I don't know, I can't really describe it.

"Of course, he makes that even more mysterious than it already is. I mean if nothing's going on, just say so instead of being silent."

I'm going to zap on, but somehow that woman is right on TV. Why don't they say anything about the photo during their interviews? Why is he so mysterious? What if he recognizes me?

"What are you thinking about?"

I jump from scum and see Silas with Merlin on his legs. He walks up to me and brings his arms to me as a sign that I must wear it. That's what I do.

"Nothing special, just something from on TV."

"In connection with Merlin and Harry?" I nod to the ground looking.

"Hey," he says, "It's okay. If you want to talk about it, I'm here for you. I know it's not easy for you."

"But I know it's hard for you, too. Because you thought it was better when there wasn't a dad in the picture, just you. Now suddenly there is one and the media keeps talking about it."

He doesn't want to admit it, but I see to him that he doesn't like them talking about Harry all the time. He's so sweet to put me in front of himself.

"yes, I don't like that suddenly there's a dad in the picture, but what can I do about it? Nothing. So, I'm still the perfect boyfriend for you and a perfect father figure for Merlin."

Ladies and gentlemen see here the best boyfriend in the world.

"I mean, of course, I would do anything to prevent Harry from coming out of this, but I also know that's no use since he's the father of Merlin."

I'm going to go up to him and give him a kiss on his lips. "I love you. I really do. You have no idea how much I love you; I have no idea."

"I love you a lot more."