Chapter 16

Claire

"Hi, come in."

"Hello, is this Merlin now?"

"Yes, that's him."

"Ooh, he's so cute. Hi Merlin, I'm Alex. Hopefully your new playmate," she says. I already like her, and Merlin seems to be smiling.

After an hour of talking and explaining and laughing and showing the house we finally got to the end of our conversation.

"So, from next week I come here every working day at 7:00 and at 12:15 you come by to see Merlin, after half an hour you'll be gone and then at 6:45 p.m.?" "Yes, that's the way it is. And again Alex, not "you" but "you"."

"All right then everything is fine. See you next week. Day Merlin, day Claire," she says with a hug.

"Day Alex. Until then," and I'll wave by hand from Merlin. I feel we're going to be very similar. She is sweet, funny, intelligent, interesting, sensible, respectful and above all understanding. I'm telling you, there are few people who understand girls like me, teenage moms. They see us as sluts, which I really hate. I mean Harry is the second person I've ever had sex with, and I only did it with two boys. Um, a slut? Bitch please!

And indeed, I don't flip anymore when I think of Harry. I'm over it. Not that I ever felt anything for him, but just because he's the daddy.

I'm going to take Merlin to his cot, because I see his eyes can fall any minute. In the kitchen I take a Ben&Jerry with brownie and I watch 'The Breakfast Club'.

I'm really glad everything worked. We just have a babysitter. I'm really glad it went so well between the two. My episode is over I walk to the baby monitor and hear merlin isn't awake yet. Plenty of time for a second episode.

I'm starting to get hungry, so I'm going to have a sandwich with grill sausage. I love that so much. I walk with my computer to the counter, not keeping my attention off the screen. I'll take a sandwich out of the bag and smear it with butter and then put a slice of cheese on it.

I hear Merlin's starting to wake up, I'm going to pick up the baby monitor and listen. He's babbling. I'll wake him up before I get him out of bed. After 5 minutes, I decide to go upstairs. Merlin sits with his cuddly hug playing with his arms and legs in the air. He's so sweet.

I grab him and give him a hug; he immediately puts his arms around my neck and gives me a wet baby kiss. I laugh and give him a kiss back. I walk him down and put him in his chair, then I'll give him a piece of cucumber. I'm giving him cucumber more and more, because it's full of water and vitamins. And of course, also because he likes it very much.

Silas finally comes home. He throws his keys on the locker next door. He walks right up to us and grabs us tightly, then he gives me a kiss on my forehead. Oh, what Do I love him, my heart hurts from glowing?

After 2 and a half hours everyone is home and we have eaten spaghetti, even again so tasty. I'm starting to get tired. Merlin also looks like this. I give everyone a kiss and say Merlin and I go to sleep. Everyone says sleep-like and that's how they go to sleep.

''Wait!'' shouts Silas

"What's there?"

"'I'm going to go upstairs I'm tired too.

''Oh. Oké.''

He puts his arms around my waist and we're going upstairs.

Sorry this part is a little bit short. What do you guys think about the book?