Chapter 37

Claire

Right now, I'm in the park learning my course while Merlin is playing with Freddie. Indeed, Louis is here, too. He looks at the boys, so they don't do anything wrong. Harry's back on promotion. So, his mother is in Brooklyn and she looks after Merlin when I have an exam and also at night when I'm still learning. Yes, I have exams this week, but it's not hard. If I've succeeded, I can already help with the design of furniture. I'll have re-exams in a few weeks and then I'm only allowed to design. My first exams will start next week, but I'm pretty nervous when I'm managing the fabric and getting it.

"How are you?" asks Louis as he sits next to me.

'It's going to be. How are you? Busy with your album?' I ask. He is indeed making an album. I'm very curious. To write, he spends a lot of time in Brooklyn. He says it's pretty pleasant and quiet here. It's also nice for Freddie to play with Merlin every time. They've become pretty good friends. Briana even comes here from time to time. She only comes for Freddie, because Brooklyn isn't good enough for madam, but for the rest she's fun. Haha, no, seriously. We've both been through pretty much the same thing; We got pregnant unexpectedly. That's the only common thing we have, but it does help to be some kind of friend.

'It's going to be. I'm not here yet, of course. I can't wait for people to hear my music,' he says with a smile.

"I'm going to be the first to hear it?" I ask as I blink.

"Sure," he says with a laugh.

"Have you heard from you-know-who?" he asks.

"He's not Voldemort, Lou," I say, laughing, "But no, no heard." I don't know if I should be happy. Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about Silas. I'm just wondering how he's doing. Would his project in the Netherlands go well? Would he be happy? Would he be happy or unhappy? Is he thinking about me? Does he miss me? Does he want me back? I know, pathetic kid that I am. He cheats on me, and I think of him as a teenager in love.

"What actually happened?" he asks. He still doesn't know.

"I caught him kissing Alex in the seat, and she was lying on him," I say sighing.

"Whoa and now he's gone? Where?"" he asks.

'There is some kind of assignment that he had to carry out for his work in the Netherlands. It's going to take six months,' I say.

"What are you going to do after those six months?" he asks.

"I don't know," I say. I really don't know. Should I call him? Should we meet? Should I forgive him? No, no, definitely not forgiven. Never.

"And Merlin, doesn't he miss Silas?" he asks.

"Well, the last time he saw Silas, I was crying. Now Merlin sees him as something bad. So no, he doesn't miss him. I do regret how it went. He's done everything for us and now he's seen as the bogeyman,' I say.

'It's never an easy situation. I'm going to let you learn,' he says, walking back to the boys.

I'm lucky to have a friend like Louis. He's sweet and funny. You can talk to it. He honestly says what he thinks and is really worried. It's also useful if you just want to pour your heart out without expecting an answer. He just listens and holds you well to show he's there for you. Eleanor may be happy with someone like him, but I think she realizes that.

"You know, tonight I'm going to do a movie night with Liam and Niall and of course Freddie. If you have meaning and time, you can always come off. It's with Niall. They won't be scary movies,' he says winking as he plays with the boys.

"I'll think about it. It's going to be without Merlin anyway, because Anne's coming to get him,' I say. "Why?" he asks. "Well, she usually comes to get him at night so I can learn at night," I say. That's one of the reasons the exams are hell. I miss him in the morning. I wake up right away from his glee. However, it is better so. At first, he woke up every time, because I was learning out loud, and then as a result, he started crying. A few days later, Anne said she wanted to look after him. Next week, by the way, Robin and Gemma are coming to Brooklyn. Just when Sara and Robin come here. Luckily, I just did my exams that week. I told you they weren't tough exams.