Chapter 12

CLAIRE

Today I'm going to tell Mom Silas's coming. I hope she doesn't try too hard. Sam's apartment is very big and Silas can also sleep in my room when needed. I get up because I hear Merlin crying.

"Hello male, are you hungry?" I sit down in the bank and give him the chest. After his little farmer, I take him to my bed and put it on my chest. He stays calm and even falls asleep. I love seeing him so much. I do everything for him, everything. No one, but no one will ever take him away from me. I notice he has his father's dimples and his green eyes. I haven't told Mom yet. No idea how she would react, but I don't think too well. Every time I look at Merlin, I secretly see Harry. I was hoping he'd look more like me, but now All I see is Harry, which frustrates me enormously.

"Claire, wake up." Mom wakes me up and I see Merlin is still on me, I'm tired and apparently fell back asleep. He laughs when I look at him. There are the dimples. I'm going to get off my bed and put it in the crib in the living room mom bought yesterday. It got tricky to go upstairs and then back down and know back up and... You get me.

"Hey, Mom, I'm tired of telling you something," I start. "What? That Silas is coming?" Wtf? How does she know that?

"How do you know that?" "Sara told me you were together, so I assumed. It's okay. I've even called Sam if he has an extra room."

"Oh, but that's not necessary he can be in my -" "Don't dare say 'my room'."

"No, I meant... um. Oops, I forgot, never mind. Does he have an extra room now?" Mom shakes her head and starts laughing.

"Yes, forget. And yes, he has an extra room."

"It might be a good idea to start looking at what you're going to take to Brooklyn and what you leave here or maybe you can sell things to have some extra money," my mom says after breakfast.

"Hmm, good idea. I'll do that today, then I have something to do. Do you actually have a lot of work with your store?"

"The work decreases, but there is still plenty to do. The renovation is progressing well, Sam says and the pictures are right. And Oh. My. God. You never guess who I've been able to arrange to sing there. The only real Selah Sue!" We're both a huge fan of hers. We know, she's not the greatest artist to start freaking out like that, but we love her voice, her style, her personality. We love Selah Sue.

"What? Are you mean that? So she's going to sing at your party?" "Jup. I was like, "Do you know a good artist who can sing, he fits into the store?" And he said she's a regular at Uhuru Design. I was super excited. He went to ask her because she happened to come by the next day. She looked at the clothes on the site and loved the style. She then said she wanted to do that with pleasure." We're starting to scream.

"That deserves to play her album again!"

I was never really into music, 'til I was about nine years oldNow I can't control myself from groovin'It is time for me to show

'Cause todayOh, I'll show yaI'll blow ya mindOhLet's hear the vibe go crazyThe vibe go crazy

I was always on the run I tell ya, it was not an easy roadBut now I'm ready to bring joy and fireThe best things in life, for sure
'Cause I do know what it's like to feel sad all the timeBut you see, wicked vibes bring that joy in your life

'Cause todayOh, I'll show yaI'll blow ya mindOhLet's hear the vibe go crazyThe vibe go crazy

The rhythm is magic, and it gets me up, again and againI feel like I'm flying, it lifts me up, again and againDo you know what it can do to you? Crazy vibesYou must know what it can do to you, crazy vibes