Chapter 15

Claire

I'm going to pick up my phone, but it's almost 20% and I want to have enough battery before we get to our destination. I lean forward and mix with the conversation between Mom and Silas.

"Hey, how's it going here?" Mom and Silas each make a quarter-stroke so they can take a good look at me. "All right, we're talking. How are you and the little gentleman?"" Asks Silas "The gentleman is sleeping nicely. How long before we get there?'' Another generous two hours of treasure, go to sleep. Mom says while she's worried about me. She's right, all that stress with moving and having a newborn baby draws energy from me. My eyes close immediately when I sit back.

Suddenly I wake up from crying. I'm awake right away and i'm looking at Merlin. He's crying. ''It's because of the air pressure difference of the sinking'' says mom immediately when she sees that I am awake. ""Was he crying a long time?" I ask. "No, you woke up right away when he started crying." Okay I return to Merlin, rubbing my hand over his belly doesn't seem to work. I'm going to play with his hands and give him his teat that fell out of his mouth. Immediately he gets quiet, yet I keep playing with his hands to keep his thought off his ears a bit.

CLAIRE

Finally, we're finally with them all in Brooklyn. We arrived yesterday. Silas is already at school. He really looked up to it, because he was tired of death. I hope he makes it. Mom and I are unpacking everything in Sam's apartment. We each have our own room. After a long whine, Silas and I are allowed to go into one room. Merlin also has his own room.

It's already 11:00. Mom just left for her shop, she's got a job interview with a girl who wants to work there. I'm alone with Merlin now. I'm pretty happy, because it's been a while since we were alone with the two of us.

I'll get him out of his crib and take him straight to the baby gym. He immediately swings his arms and legs. I'll take a picture of him soon. It makes me so happy to see him like that. He can't stop laughing.

Eventually, his arms go to me

Eventually, his arms go to me. I'll get him and place him on my lap. I go with my legs up and down, that's how he goes up and down. He obviously likes it, because he starts laughing. He laughs so many times, it's so nice because to see. After a few minutes, I put him in the kid's chair and I'll make his porridge bottle. He was clearly hungry because it's gone immediately.

His eyes are slowly starting to close, I notice that the journey with the vlietuig has made him quite tired. I pick him up carefully, afraid to wake him up. I'm going to sit on my bed and lie down carefully. I put him next to me and see that he opens his eyes but immediately goes back to dreamland. I notice that his fingers are wrapped around my finger. I'm going to close my eyes, too.

Suddenly I feel hands on both my cheeks and i hear babbling. Merlijn. Lightly I open my eyes. Indeed, Merlin. He laughs. I wish we could stay that way forever. I play hide-and-seek with him by covering my face and then peeking! He has to laugh even harder. Suddenly I hear something next to me and the bed drops a little bit. I look next to me and see silas lying next to me on his stomach with his book bag still on his back.