Chapter 70

Two weeks later

Claire

I haven't felt well in a few days. I keep throwing up and the slightest smells make me sick. Harry tells me to go over the doctor, but I think something else. Harry suspects I'm about to go to the doctor for a so-called doctor's appointment, but I'm actually going there to get a pregnancy test. Harry has already started a few times that he wants to have children with me, and we've tried it once. Harry seems to have somehow forgotten. He thinks I'm sick, I think I'm pregnant. And that it probably worked out to the first try. I don't want him to have a hunch and that it won't be such a big surprise to him anymore.

I know he thinks I handled merlin well when he was very small, and that he gets it all. But I also realise that he regrets that he missed the whole pregnancy, childbirth and many of Merlin's first times. And I hope for him that maybe with a new baby he will get those chances. I'm sure Harry's going to love it. Merlin has also started talking about a little brother or sister a few times. I know he's going to be a great brother. I also know he's a little alone, of course he only knows Lena and Freddie. Lena still misses him, and Freddie barely sees him, fortunately more and more often. I just want a playmate for him and someone he can rely on who finds a little his own age.

I'm still in bed and I hear Harry come up. Behind him, I hear little feet coming. I hear them whispering at the door before knocking on it.

"Come in" I say, chuckling knowing what's to come.

The door opens slowly, and Merlin comes through first. Then Harry comes in with a servant's plate full of fruit.

''Hey honey, is your flu a little over?'' asks Harry worriedly. I look at him asking before I think about what he means.

"Yes, I'm feeling a lot better. I do think I'll have to go over the doctor later just in case'' I try to lie as best I could. I know I can't lie well, but I think Harry believes it.

"Okay, what time do you have to go?" he says as he puts the tray on my lap. There are strawberries on it, pieces of banana and grapes. So tasty! I'll grab a grape and look at the clock.

''In an hour and a half, so if you could look after Merlin, that would be great. " I look at Merlin looking at the grapes with hope. I chuckle give him a few.

"I was actually thinking we could come along, in case you throw up," he says, looking at me sweetly. SHIT what am I supposed to say now? Should I say I don't want him to come? No, I can't, I'd hurt him a lot. He can't come because then he realises I'm not going to the doctor and actually going to buy a pregnancy test. What should I do? Claire says something. You haven't said anything in at least seven seconds, okay now eight. If you wait any longer, he's going to know.

''That doesn't seem so convenient to me, you don't know how long it takes and it's very boring for Merlin. I'd rather go alone. I'll keep you posted on how it's going. I'll tell you; I couldn't think of anything else. I hope Harry agrees otherwise I have a problem.  He looks at me for a while before he goes any further.

""Okay is good. It's very boring for Merlin. But can you please keep me informed? I love you and Want you to be okay.

''Is good I will do''

I'm going to get back to eating, all the grapes are already up, and Merlin looks guilty.

"Was its good Merlin?"  I ask.

"Yes, very good, sorry I ate everything," he says, looking at me sweetly.

"'good, man, I'm glad you eat fruit so good,'" I say, giving him a kiss on his forehead.

"Go down honey, and I'm going to get dressed. Daddy's downstairs, too, tell me I'll let you watch TV."

''Okay thank you'' He gives me a kiss on my cheek and slides his belly off the bed and hops out of the room.

I also get out of bed and walk to the wardrobe.  I'm going to get black pants and a white top with a hooded vest, because you never know.  Then I choose a standard black bag. I walk with the pile of clothes to the shower and put it on a shelf, then I step into the shower.

 I walk with the pile of clothes to the shower and put it on a shelf, then I step into the shower

When I finally wash my hair, I step out of the shower and start drying myself off. Then I blow my hair and brush my teeth. I'll put on a little makeup before I walk out of the bathroom.

I'm going to walk down and sit next to Merlin on the couch. He's watching a children's program.  I'm eating another little sandwich with Nutella, because I'm increasingly hungry. I look at the clock and see that it's almost time to go. I walk to Harry who's working at his desk and I answer ed I give him and kiss and say that if anything I'll let him know right away. Then I give him a kiss on his lips and Walk to Merlin and give him a hug. I'm going to get out the door and walk to my car.