Under The Moonlight - Shinobu Kocho x Male Reader (Demon Slayer)

AND ANOTHER ONE

——————————————————————————

"He's awake!"

I couldn't see anything. There was ringing in my ears as a small girl was calling out to someone. Pain was coursing through my entire body as I struggled to move. I tried to remember what had happened but I couldn't think because of the constant buzzing in my head, it was irritating, I wanted it to stop. I tried to scream but for some reason I couldn't.

The ringing in my ears was dissipating, so I was able to hear a bit more. I could hear a couple of footsteps coming my direction.

And then I felt a hand caress my cheek.

A thumb was gently stroking my cheek, giving me a sense of safety. I took a deep breath, resting there with eyes closed, I still couldn't see. I placed my hands where my eyes were but I felt the smooth texture of a cloth that was wrapped around my head.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine~"

The tone of that single statement was soothing and reassuring. My body very slowly eased the pain it felt, but the buzzing in my head continued as I groaned, extending my right hand as if asking to hold that hand that caressed my cheek. That hand came back and held my hand to comfort me. I was still unsure of what had happened to me.

"Where...? Where...?"

I could barely speak as my throat was hurting really badly, the hand still holding mine.

"You just rest."

My hands now started to get cold, shivering. Now two hands held my lost, shivering hand and very carefully raised it up to what felt like a face; a warm, soft face that seemed to warm up my freezing hand. I felt pain, but I also felt comfort.

"Thank you..."

It was all quiet, serenity was all that surrounded me as I slowly started to feel better. I tried using my other hand to remove the bandages on my head, but I couldn't.

"Here, I'll do it."

The soothing voice resonated as those gentle hands from before started unwrapping the cloth, being very careful about it. As it was fully removed from my head, I opened my eyes and I looked around, but something was off: I couldn't see anything from my right eye. I did my best to use the other eye that was still functioning to look at the person right in front of me, it was a very beautiful girl with off putting, yet gorgeous purple eyes and really nice hair that complimented her outfit, which was just like the rest of the outfits the Demon Slayers had.

Demon Slayers...

Even as my head still ached, I started to remember a bit more, about me and about...

I started coughing. The pain in my throat increased as I kept coughing, but I soon stopped. Something had happened and I'm furious I can't remember any of it.

"Moshi Mosh~."

The girl seemed to be very nonchalant, looking directly at me with her hypnotizing eyes.

"Where am I? Who are you?"

"Isn't that a good question~? You're in the butterfly estate. My name is Shinobu Kocho."

The name sounded familiar. She seemed familiar. But I couldn't remember her, and I tried not to because I knew it would bother me for a while not knowing the answer.

"What happened to me?"

Shinobu: "Well, my guess is that you were attacked by a demon. I thought you were dead when I found you, but to my surprise, you still held on. It was very impressive to witness~"

The girl made me feel uneasy. Didn't know if it was her actions or the way she looked at me, but there was something about her that seemed off. My wandering left eye looked around the room, noticing how small it actually was, the only significant thing that stood out to me was the bag full of medicinal supplies and the bed that I was obviously resting on. It gave a very comforting feel, like if it was my own bedroom I was in.

After the small trip my left eye had taken, it diverted back to the girl, Shinobu, who still kept that smile on her face, which still made me feel strange.

"Is it okay if I try and stand up?"

Shinobu: "I don't see why not."

I tried to stand up, my arms felt weak as they wobbled and let my upper body fall back on the bed. I looked at Shinobu in defeat. She giggled.

Shinobu: "It'll take time. You'll be alright."

And that's when my slow and arduous process of healing begun. Most days I was in my bed, resting and sometimes thinking of the many things I would do once I got better. Other days, Shinobu's apprentices helped me to get to my feet again, helping me as I tried to walk a very small amount before I fell to the floor. Shinobu seemed to enjoy watching me wake up and try to move freely on my own, just to fall again and again, because she laughed every time I did.

Shinobu: "You're pretty adorable, Y/N."

That's when everything around me seemed to freeze because of the thought of one thing: I actually never told her my name.

"How do you... know my name?"

I swore for a split second her usual smile had left her face completely, but came back just as quick. It struck me that she probably knew me somehow, but I didn't know her because of the memory loss.

Shinobu: "Who knows? I'm full of mysteries~"

She showed an adorable expression to calm me down, and it did, yet it puzzled me and filled my head with questions that I did not want to answer right now.

——————————————————————————

I had lost account of what day it was, but I had just woken up and Shinobu was cleaning my chest wounds with a dampened rag, her usual smile on her face as she did it.

"You know I can do it on my own right?"

Shinobu did not answer, but just continued.

"Hey, Shinobu..."

I took a deep breath, relaxed my muscles and held the hand that was replacing my chest's dirty bandages and looked at Shinobu's entrancing eyes.

"Do I know you?"

And the same thing that happened the other day happened today, but it was with her hand because her finger had twitched but she jerked it away, returning to her normal state of being.

Shinobu: "I'm not sure of what you mean~"

I stood up and got close to Shinobu as I tried to see what sort of secrets lurked within those eyes of hers. Her bated breath being the only thing that filled the room with some noise. I'm still quite not sure how this even happened, but our lips met, we kissed. It was very awkward at first, but then it became quite passionate as she placed her hands on my bare chest, with her lips struggling to continue the kiss due to how short she was. I carried her to help her as we continued to kiss, but she pushed me onto the bed, getting on top of me.

Shinobu: "You don't remember me, do you?"

"I-I don't--"

She placed her finger on my lips, seductively smiling at me.

Shinobu: "I'll help you remember then~"

The light of the moon filtered through the small window of the room as we enjoyed the rest of the night.

——————————————————————————