Redemption - Mami Nanami X Reader (Kanojo, Okarishimasu) (Req)

No jokes here, I'm genuinely taking this request as a challenge, to make you somewhat understand Mami, but not necessarily like her.
One step at a time.

———————————————————————

The gentle sounds of the beach were a wonder, and because of the night, the stars above made it all the more beautiful.

And then there was her.

The root of all evil, the devil with a pretty face, and whatever other names someone may want to call her, one thing was for sure.

Mami Nanami is a bitch.

At least in the eyes of the few who knew the truth about her. Hell, even she knew she was a bitch, and she was perfectly okay with it. Her love life has been so dull and boring because every man she had ever been with have all been interested in her looks. They never actually cared about her.

Sitting down on the sand, her finger was writing something on the sand. Bitch, Liar, and many other things that she had heard.

She wasn't sure if it was even worth it. Was it? If she died right now, would anyone even notice her sudden disappearance? Mami wanted someone, anyone to actually care about her.

Hey Mami, how are you?
Are you okay?
How are you feeling?

Nothing, she was just a trophy for men to show off and contemplate. Her father and brother didn't really make things any better either. At this point, she was too tired to even care about anything.

Drowning sounds good right now.

"That ugly face of yours is ruining the scenery."

Mami thought she was hearing things now, but when a boot erased all of those words she had written, she looked up. She thought you were a nuisance, a pain in her ass that she could not get rid of.

She knew you too well.

Y/N: "Mami."

Mami: "Y/N."

Silence. She was too tired to give you a snarky response or even act all nice and innocent around you, specially because you were the first to find out she didn't really care about Kazuya, one of your friends who, at first sight, seemed like a complete loser.

But he didn't deserve to get his heart broken. And did not deserve to be made fun of.

Y/N: "What are you doing here? Having an existential crisis already?"

Mami: "Fuck you, leave me alone..."

Mami looks forward, staring at the ocean and doing her best to ignore you. But you weren't going to let that happen.

Y/N: "You must really hate yourself huh."

Mami: "I told you to leave me alone."

Y/N: "I mean, it's not every day you date a guy then completely ruin him. No wait, I think that's just second nature for you."

Mami: "Leave!"

Mami punched your leg, trying to do any type of damage so that you would leave, but you weren't going anywhere.