Oh, Love Me - Mai Sakurajima X Reader (Bunny-Senpai) (Req)

My best work always comes when I'm doing something that isn't writing. I just be eating quesadillas and then go 'oh shit, I know what to write about'.

Yeah, I think I'm back 🗿

———————————————————————

Random birds chirping somewhere outside of the building woke you up. You just opened your eyes, feeling sort of tired due to the fact that you would usually not get a lot of sleep, and everyday, your exhausted expression made that very obvious every single time you walked into the classroom.

You had to get help.

Grabbing your phone, you dialed the only person who you knew could possibly help you with this problem.

"Y/N?"

Y/N: "Hey, Mai."

"Mai? You don't usually call me by my first name, is it getting worse?"

Y/N: "I think so, yeah. I can't sleep, and I don't think it's the annoying birds from outside. I need you."

Who knew that a single sentence could have a lot of effect on Mai Sakurajima, who by now was still doing her best in her job as an actress. But given that, aside from school, most of her time was spent endlessly working, she never got a chance to see you or even talk to you. Only at school could she do that and many other things.

This was the perfect opportunity for her to see her partner in crime.

Mai: "Are you home?"

Y/N: "Yeah, I just woke up."

Mai: "Come over."

She hung up, and then you placed your phone down with a sigh. This was the first time Mai had told you to 'come over', and it was usually the other way around, with her being the one that would go to your place in times like these. When you stood up, you grabbed your phone again and checked the time. It was 5:20 am.

Y/N: "Oh shit, I probably woke her up. I'm stupid."

A couple of minutes later, someone knocked at Mai's door. She opened it, and saw you looking even more exhausted than the day before.

Y/N: "It's nice to see your face."

Mai: "It's nice to see yours too. Even if you look like a disaster."

Y/N: "Relentless, like always."

This was the very first time you had visited your girlfriend's place, and so when you walked in, you realized it was way too big a place for one person to live in. It had three rooms, a living room, a dining area, and a kitchen. There was a fashionable island-style kitchen, and in the living room were sofas, a table, and a TV, the bare minimum household furniture. They were all a calm wood-colour, and there was also a robot that looked like a UFO going across the floor and cleaning it.

Mai led you to the living room, where you and her sat on the sofa, right next to each other.

Y/N: "This place is... something else. How much do you pay for rent?"

Mai: "Nothing."

Y/N: "Huh."

Mai: "I bought it."