Butterfly - Sucrose X Reader (Genshin Impact)

Sucrose may have a weird name but damn, i love this character so much.

VENTI NEXT? WHAT DO WE THINK?

———————————————————————

"Don't come over here!"

Right as you had entered the room, you knew she would be working on some sort of wacky and dangerously wild experiment. It was as if it was in her blood to constantly play with the forces of nature in order to find out about what lied beyond.

Sucrose was an avid alchemist with an insatiable curiosity, and she enjoyed defying the laws of the world around her, but as cute as she may be, you knew that her "bio-alchemy" would one day be the end of her. One of many reasons as to why you were there was to help her so she hopefully doesn't cross that line.

Y/N: "What are you doing now?"

Sucrose: "N-Nothing in particular... I mean, I'm working on this!"

Sucrose throws you a gigantic fruit from across the room and, due to its weight, you fell when you tried to catch it. It was a Sunsettia, except five times bigger than what it was originally.

You were now wondering how she managed to perfectly throw it at you without breaking a sweat.

Y/N: "Holy... this could be used to feed a whole family for a month."

Sucrose: "I don't recommend eating it. It may be big, but I don't think the flavor 'grew' with it."

Y/N: "Is it deadly?"

Sucrose: "I doubt it, but I'm certain it tastes like... plain grass."

You nod, placing the giant fruit aside and walking towards Sucrose, who panicked and put away whatever it was she had been working on before you got there.

Y/N: "Since it's extremely late, I just came here to tell you if you wanted to come to the inn."

Sucrose: "W-With you? Now?"

Y/N: "Yeah. When was the last time you got any sleep?"

The girl saw that you were worried about her, but all she could do was look away in embarrassment, nervously tapping the table behind her with her fingers. She felt guilty sort of guilty that she couldn't stay on a bed for more than ten minutes before thinking of something new to experiment on, so she was considering your tempting offer.

Sucrose: "Y-You know I like to stay up late."

Y/N: "And you know that's not healthy. I'll bring you to the inn I'm staying at right now and I will force you to at least get eight hours of sleep."

Sucrose: "But there's things I have to do—!"

Y/N: "No buts! You're coming with me whether you like it or not."

Sucrose: "I-I'll report you to the Knights for kidnapping their alchemist!"

Sucrose got in a strange fighting stance, which just reminded you that she wasn't much of a fighter, or an adventurer for that matter. The nickname 'Harmless Sweetie' definitely suited the short alchemist.