Redemption [Part 2] - Mami Nanami X Reader (Kanojo, Okarishimasu) (Req)

Imma be honest with you, if I ever had the chance to make a movie of any fictional character, I would pick Mami. The untapped potential this character and her (possible) struggles have is astonishing and I would love to see her try to deal with it on her own in a 2-hour feature film (live-action or anime, doesn't really matter)

I'm starting to really like her, ngl. She gets way too much hate tbh.

———————————————————————

"Give me your phone."

You and Mami sat across each other on the carpeted floor, and since you were constantly checking the time, it had been approximately 6 minutes since she entered your apartment but she wasn't paying any attention to you.
You groaned, being as serious as possible when you told her to hand over that phone her eyes were not steering away from. Her feet shifted, and for a second her almost sinister eyes look up to stare at you before Mami looks back at the small device on her hand

Mami: "...Why?"

You looked at her almost as if questioning whether her brain worked or not. Mami came to you for help, and yet, it doesn't seem as if she even needed it. You were starting to get a bit angry.

Y/N: "If you want me to help, then I'm gonna need your phone."

Her eyes went from focusing on the phone to looking at your face again, but she no longer had this evil aura to her. Mami vaguely shook her head before going back to her business.

Mami: "Just give me a minute, I'm texting—"

Not wanting to deal with this any longer, you took the phone away from the girl, which surprised her a bit before she clenched her fists and lunged forward to get it back, only to be stopped by your leg.

Y/N: "Stop. I'll keep it for now and give it back to you later, yeah?"

Mami seemed furious, but it was clear to her that she couldn't win if you two started wrestling right now. You were a lot stronger than Mami and if she punched you right now, there would be no guarantee that you wouldn't hit her right back.

Mami: "Alright, alright!"

Calming down after what happened, Mami sat back down on the exact same spot, but she inched a bit closer to you, hoping to somehow take her phone back by using the element of surprise.

Mami: "...What are we gonna do today? Are we going to meditate or something?"

Her sarcastic tone of voice annoyed you to the point where you really wanted to just kick her out of your place, but a deep breath managed to help you calm down, and your mind got to keep itself away from that thought of hating Mami for a second, and you simply focused on the mindset that she wasn't doing any of it on purpose.

Y/N: "No, I'm here to... help you change, if it's the last thing I do."

Mami: "I don't need you to change me. I thought you liked me this way."

Y/N: "No one likes you in any way."

Scarily enough, your voice almost matched hers. A serious, slightly angry, and with slight sarcasm mixed in there as well, you were almost mimicking the irritating girl.

Mami: "Whatever."

Sighing, you tried to think of a way to start whatever this was, but it was a bit difficult given that you've actually never done this before.

Y/N: "How are you?"

Mami sighed, looking at you with contempt, like she's expecting you to know how she's feeling based on everything that's happened. You had an idea, but you weren't ready to start assuming things until she outright told you her problems.