Unfortunate Circumstances - Aru Honshou X Reader (Hitori Bocchi) (Req)

How have you all been lately? I'm not gonna lie here, I'm just vibing.

——————————————————————————

Y/N: "Do I even wanna know?"

Aru: "Let's just ignore it and move on."

Your friend Aru Honshou walked along with you to school and, as usual, there was always something wrong with her given that she was... unfortunate in everything and anything that you could think of. But it didn't make her worse than other people, her bad luck was actually kind of cute in your eyes.

Y/N: "Actually yeah, I do wanna know. How did you end up with clown makeup. And why aren't you removing it?"

Aru: "It's not unfortunate if that's what you're thinking! I thought it was a nice change of pace and... and... yeah, it was an accident."

She sighed, trying her best to remove the instant clown makeup that she had accidentally put on before leaving her house to go to school. And let's just say it was hard to remove. Who even keeps instant clown makeup in their bathrooms?

Y/N: "It's okay. Once we get to the school bathrooms I'm sure you can wash it off."

Aru: "Sure, whatever you say..."

LATER IN SCHOOL...

Aru: "It's not coming off!"

After splashing her face with water, she grabbed a paper towel and started scrubbing away, but it barely did anything.

Y/N: "Here, let me do it."

You grabbed a new paper towel, dampening it a bit and very gently scrubbing away the makeup from Aru's face. It was no exaggeration to say that you both were standing very close to each other, and you could notice her blushing possibly because your hand was cupping her cheek while the other removed the makeup. It was working this time for some strange reason.

Aru: "Is it working?"

Y/N: "Y-Yeah, it is..."

Aru: "What? What's up?"

Y/N: "Nothing! It's just... I was thinking of something else."

Aru: "Well, j-just hurry up and finish!"

After removing the makeup from her face, you threw away the paper towel and cupped Aru's cheek once again, checking to see if there was any left.

Y/N: "You're clean now."

Aru: "Thank you. I'm glad no one saw me with that on my face."

Y/N: "Yeah, I guess it's—"

An object dropped to the floor, making an obvious noise that made Aru quickly turn to see who it was that was hiding. When you saw who it was, Aru's face went pale while you just stood there, nervously laughing and waving at the person who was spying on you two this whole time.

Y/N: "H-Hey there, Nako..."

The blonde girl stood there, frozen out of pure shock because she couldn't believe what she was seeing. She picked the object she had loudly dropped before pointing at the 'couple', smiling.

Nako: "Why didn't you guys tell me you were dating."

Aru: "W-W-W-We're not dating! Y/N was just... he was just..."

Y/N: "This is very unfortunate."

Nako: "Is it? I thought it was cute."

Aru: "We're not together! It's never gonna happen!"

Y/N: "Ouch. Anyways, what were you doing there just looking at us?"

Nako: "Oh I didn't have anything else to do. You truly are unfortunate aren't you?"

Aru ran as fast as she could, using all the strength in her head to tackle Nako down because she called her the U-word.

Aru: "I have a name!"

Hours Later

Bocchi: "Are you not walking home with us, Y/N?"

Y/N: "Not today, sorry. I have things I need to discuss with Aru here."

When the friends said their goodbyes, they went their separate ways, with Bocchi, Nako, and Sotoka walking to Bocchi's house and you and Aru going to hers.

Y/N: "Hey, remember when I told you I was thinking about something else earlier?"

Aru: "I guess, why?"

You scratched the back of your head, looking kind of nervous as you turned to look at Aru.

Y/N: "There's something I've been meaning to tell you."

Aru: "No way, don't tell me..."

Y/N: "I think you're cute, and I like you! A lot!"

After blurting out, you really messed Aru up because her face was just as red as a tomato, which wasn't very healthy, but it just meant she was extremely embarrassed.

Aru: "You... You have time to reconsider your options!"

Y/N: "But I like you!"

Aru: "But I'm.. you know..."

Y/N: "Unfortunate?"

Aru: "Hey!"

Her mood quickly changed and her face was now a more normal color, pouting because she was called the U-word again. You heaved a sigh of relief, feeling a bit more calm after getting that out of your chest.

Y/N: "When you said this morning that it was never going to happen, I was kinda scared so I decided to tell you how I feel now, just in case."

Aru: "Well I... Well I... here!"

Aru was about to violently plant a kiss on your lips, but she ended up stepping on your foot, accidentally smacking her head against your chin, causing you a lot of pain as the hit knocked you down to the solid, cold, concrete pavement. Aru's head ended up landing on your chest after hitting you, meaning that she didn't feel as much pain as you did when landing on the pavement.

Y/N: "Ow... you truly are—"

Aru: "Don't say it! D-Don't say it Y/N or I'll hit you again... a-and this time it's gonna be on purpose!"

Y/N: "Okay... okay I won't say it again, just get off of me first..."

Aru: "Oh."

Aru quickly had realized, after you pointed it out, that she was resting on you so she quickly stood up, getting all flustered again.

Aru: "S-Sorry... anyways, take me home!"

Y/N: "Got it."

The two of you, now a couple, were walking to Aru's house. The walk there was entirely silent, and once you got there, you and Aru sighed simultaneously.

Aru: "We're here."

Y/N: "Yeah... okay then, I'll see you tomorrow—"

Without thinking about it, and this time checking to see if your foot was on the way, Aru planted a kiss on your cheek, then quickly ran and opened the door of her house.

Aru: "I'll see you tomorrow!"

She slammed the door close, leaving you poking the cheek that Aru had kissed. You smiled.

——————————————————————————