Kate (An Original Story)

Here's a random chapter I picked from my completely original story that I have been working on for almost my entire life. Publishing it here to see what you all think, excited to hear feedback.

The name of the main OC isn't used, because if I did, then it wouldn't be the 'reader' that's the protagonist.

——————————————————————————

Fire.

You could hear the crackling and smell the slight hint of burnt log near you. Your eyes were heavy, but when you managed to open them, you could see that you were in a strange place.

It was hard to move your body, but you turned your head side to side, only seeing the ceiling, then the fireplace, and then a small table separating you from the fireplace while you were lying on a couch.

"You're awake."

You looked forward to see who was talking to you, it was a girl about your age, short hair, wearing a dark green jacket and underneath a white shirt and down there were some camo pants and boots, all perfect for winter, which meant it was cold outside.

You could see that the girl was, or rather felt, lonely. Her face seemed stuck on that same, serious expression and a monotone voice that almost made her sound like a robot.

Y/N: "Who are you?"

"Does the haircut throw you off? Don't you remember me?"

Y/N: "No, not really."

The girl sighs, setting down her cup of hot chocolate on the small table as she sat down on the floor, looking at you expecting you to know who she was.

Y/N: "So you're not going to tell me who you are?"

The girl shook her head, staring at you.

Y/N: "Well, at least tell me why I'm here."

"You died."

Y/N: "What?"

"Well, you almost did. It was one of your friends, the one with the cooler looking outfit."

Y/N: "I don't... get it."

"You will eventually. Rest for now."

The girl stands up, picking up her mug and taking another sip of the hot beverage, her eyes still carrying that same loneliness that the rest of her face did, but with a very slight hint of excitement. It looked like the girl wasn't going to be alone anymore.

"Get comfortable, you aren't leaving anytime soon."

Y/N: "That a threat?"

"You might not have your memories, but you're still as rowdy as ever, Captain."

Y/N: "Captain? Wait..."

The girl left before answering any of the many questions you wanted to ask her. You felt like you had seen her pretty face somewhere, but you were still trying to figure it out.

"Y'know, if you had let me win at least once, this wouldn't be happening."

At the top of a snowy mountain, you were fighting someone. A gun and sword in your hands and the hands of your opponent.

"I'm gonna kill you Y/N, and then I'm gonna kill them!"

Y/N: "I can't let you do that."

"We were friends, remember that?"

Y/N: "Fuck you."

You tried to shoot him, but he reflects the bullet with his sword. Then you two started running parallel to each other, shooting and deflecting bullets until you two ran out of ammo at the same time.