The Letter - Shinka Nibutani X Male Reader (Chunibyo) (Req)

Wow, this is one I can proudly say I genuinely enjoyed writing. Like, my brain was going "YES YES YES"

Aight, go read 🗿

P.S.: I feel like I might have messed this one up a bit because I rushed it, but lemme know what you think!

P.S.P.S.: ALSO! Roulette is a good song, so I put it up there as well. Sort of connects with the story, or that's what I think anyways.

——————————————————————————

Shinka: "I told you, I won't do it!"

Y/N: "The drama club needs it, otherwise it'll be bad once the day of the performance comes. It's for the greater good."

Okay, you had to admit that last part was just a lie, but technically, if Shinka didn't at least practice in front of someone, then she probably wouldn't be able to do good when the drama club's performance day came. And you were able to kindly offer your services because of how much of a good friend you were to the popular Shinka Nibutani, the sometimes annoying but charismatic member of the Far Eastern Magical Napping Society.

Shinka: "I'm not doing it."

Y/N: "I won't tell anyone else. I promise."

Shinka: "Jeez."

The costume Shinka was wearing was that of a princess, kind of resembling a princess from one of those videogames you play, but you couldn't quite pinpoint where exactly it was from. Shinka had a lot of experience doing fantasy roles thanks to her years as a chunibyo, and conveniently was chosen to be a princess.

Shinka cleared her throat, then opening her eyes, she unenthusiastically raised her hand, speaking in a very bored tone.

Shinka: "Oh no, I am trapped in this castle, I need someone to rescue me."

Y/N: "Really?"

Shinka: "I don't even know why I signed up for this..."

Y/N: "Come on, let's start again. Three, two... action."

You nod, giving Shinka the signal to start again, and this time, she recites her lines with much more energy, even to the point where you started seeing her differently.

Shinka: "Oh rats! I've been kidnapped! I need a strong and brave knight to rescue me!"

Even her accent changed, which was really impressive and convincing.

Y/N: "Not bad. But why the rats?"

Shinka: "Improvising."

Y/N: "Right. Well, now you..."

You took a nice, longer look at Shinka in the princess costume and seeing how genuinely good she looked in them. It was really cute.

Shinka: "What are you looking at, you perv?"

Y/N: "Nothing, you're just... wait nope! You're not!"

Shinka: "I'm not what? I'm not what, Y/N?!"

Y/N: "Forget it!"

Shinka tried to attack you, but she wasn't trying to hurt you but rather mess with you for being dumb. You didn't really mind it, because ever since you met her in middle school, she was always really close to you, whether it was during her weird chunibyo adventures or her more 'normal' lifestyle now, Shinka always found herself to be extremely comfortable when she was around you, even if she didn't like to admit it.

She stopped, getting tired after her flurry of punches, sitting down on her bed. You still kept staring at her for some reason, almost feeling hypnotized by the way she looked.

Shinka: "I cannot go on... I'm tired! And thirsty."

Y/N: "I... I'll bring you a glass of water. Be right back."

Shinka: "Alright, don't take too long!"

You left the room in a hurry, and as soon as you did, you went inside the bathroom then closed and locked the door, sighing.

Y/N: "What's wrong with me?!"

You looked at the mirror, seeing your reflection and feeling rather disappointed at what you were seeing. You sighed once more, not feeling like looking at your face. You slapped your face once, before looking at your reflection once more, then leaving the bathroom. You walked to the kitchen to get that glass of water then walked back to your bedroom, seeing Shinka reading what seemed to be a letter of some type.

Y/N: "What do you got there?"

Shinka: "I don't know... you wanna explain?"

Without looking at you, Shinka handed you the letter which you took and, upon seeing the contents of it, your face went pale. You remembered writing it a year after you had met her, planning on giving it to her on her birthday, but then choosing not to because you valued your friendship more than anything else and was afraid that a declaration of love was going to ruin the friendship that you two had.

Y/N: "It's nothing!! It's nothing I swear! I should've thrown it away a long time ago, I'm sorry you found it!"

As you were about to crumple the piece of paper to throw it away, Shinka, out of nowhere, stood up and took it from you, gently placing it on your nightstand.

Shinka: "...Why are you sorry? You don't have feelings for me anymore, right? So you don't have to be sorry..."

Y/N: "Are you... okay?"

Shinka grabs the letter again, shoving it on your chest.

Shinka: "This letter... this letter is proof that you felt something for me once. Is that still the case? Y/N, is that still the case..."

Y/N: "Listen, I... I don't know what to say."

There was no going back now. Shinka had finally found the letter and she was so close to ripping it herself out of rage. She wasn't exactly sure why she was angry, maybe she was angry at you for not confessing to her or maybe she was angry at herself for being so stuck in her own fantasy that she never really noticed you. On the verge of tears, she lets the letter go, then covers your eyes with her hand.

Y/N: "Hey what are—"

Even though you couldn't see, you clearly felt what Shinka was doing. Your lips made contact with something soft, which immediately made you freeze as you felt yourself fall on your bed, with Shinka on top of you as she continued kissing you while you couldn't see due to her hand still covering your eyes. It was embarrassing for her, but she was enjoying that moment a bit too much.

Only silence remained as you two kissed very passionately, not really wanting to let go of the other. You took her hand off your face and held it, being able to see again and stopping the kiss.

You two were stuck in some sort of weird trance, admiring each other's eyes as if it was the most beautiful thing you two had seen. It was an interesting moment for sure.

You decided not to speak, suddenly kissing Shinka and returning to a very long kissing session. This time you pushed her down on the bed, and your faces were getting hotter and hotter every second, loving the warm feeling that was present at that moment.

And the letter...

the letter did help after all

...the letter did help after all.

——————————————————————————