Goof - Nora x Male Reader (RWBY) (Req)

"Come on Y/N, you're better than that!"

"I did not sign up for this!"

Push up competition. One of the many, many athletic things Nora liked to do in her free time with her teammates, if they wanted to do it, that is. But since they were all very "busy", Y/N had to take the fall. While exercising is good, the way Nora did it was excessive, but it made her happy, and if it made her happy, then Y/N was willing to do it even if it meant making him feel like a noodle afterwards.

Nora: "One hundred! I win!"

Y/N: "Congrats... I only got sixty nine."

Nora held her laugh, causing her cheeks to inflate like a pufferfish.

Nora: "Nice..."

Y/N: "Very mature Nora... Pass me my water bottle you goof."

Grabbing it and tossing it to her exhausted friend, Nora seemed to still have energy to do a lot more. Sitting down and drinking literally half of the water in the bottle, Y/N breathes heavily. Nora sat next to his friend and had a big smile on her face.

Nora: "What now pal? You wanna fight it out? See who's better. Not like we need to, but I really wanna see who's stronger, please?"

Y/N: "Not yet, I need to breath Nora."

Nora: "Fine. Fine. Mmmm, how was your day? Mine was great since I have been spending it with my best friend in the whooooole world!"

Nora grinned at Y/N, her eyes seemed to have this sort of shine to them.

At first, their relationship actually had a rocky start. Because of a misunderstanding, Nora hated Y/N and even with the many attempts of Y/N trying to explain things to her, it didn't seem to get through to her. If it weren't for Pyrrha, these two would've never been able to become the great friends that they are now.

——————————————————————————

FLASHBACK

Nora: "Nope. Nooooo. Nah. Nay."

Y/N: "I told you Pyrrha, she hates me."

Pyrrha had secretly convinced Nora to meet her behind the cafeteria, where she was standing next to a tired Y/N.

Pyrrha: "Come on, give him a chance. Y/N is a great person."

Nora: "Yeah... I don't know."

Pyrrha: "I'll leave you two alone, and when I see you two again, you better be the best of friends."

Pyrrha walked off, leaving an angry Nora and a careless Y/N standing in front of each other.

Y/N: "Nora, let's... you know, I don't like seeing Pyrrha in a bad mood."

Nora: "At least we agree on something."

Y/N: "Let's pretend then. We act all happy around her and when she's gone, you can go back to hating me."

Placing two fingers under her chin, Nora thinks about this plan while keeping her angry expression.

Nora: "Fine, shake on it."

They shake hands.

FLASHBACK #2

It was another plain day and Beacon Academy remained the same boring place that it was. Pyrrha, Nora, and Y/N had the same class together so when the three of them entered the classroom, they all greeted each other, with Nora hugging Pyrrha and while doing so, she gave Y/N the "death stare" which didn't bother him but rather found it funny.

When they let go, Nora had a big grin on her face.

Pyrrha: "I see you two have been doing great."

Y/N: "Oh yeah, we're inseparable."

Y/N placed his arm around Nora just to annoy her and she did her best to keep her smile on her face and not hit Y/N with all the strength she had. She roughly pulled him for a hug then used the fact that they were really close to whisper in his ear.

Nora: "I'm gonna kill you."

Y/N whispered back.

Y/N: "I'd like to see you try."

They stopped hugging and looked at Pyrrha with happy looks on their faces. Pyrrha enjoyed the great friendship she thought they had.

Pyrrha: "You guys look so adorable together!"

Nora muttered under her breath something that Y/N managed to hear.

Nora: "I wanna puke."

Y/N chuckled.

——————————————————————————

PRESENT

The two best friends sat on the grass, Nora leaning her head on Y/N's shoulder, a smile on her face.

Y/N: "Hey Nora..."

Nora: "Yeeeeeeeeeees?"

Y/N: "You wanna go out somewhere? Like as friends, because that's what we are. To eat or watch a movie or something."

Nora: "Are you asking me out on a date Mr. L/N?"

Nora had a smug expression on her face as Y/N's face was getting warmer by the second.

Y/N: "Not a date... more of a friends hanging out thing. Y'know. Most definitely not a date."

Nora: "Oh bummer, I would've loved to go out on a date with you."

Y/N looked at Nora's playful expression and could not put into words how much he wanted to let her know how he felt, but Nora noticed how he looked at her and decided to give him a peck on his lips.

Nora: "There. Now can it be a date?"

Y/N: "I-I wasn't expecting that."

Nora: "Well you know how it goes. I love you and all that, y'know."

Y/N stayed silent. Surprised at how fast it all happened.

Nora: "Looks like you're frozen. Want me to do it again?"

Y/N: "S-Sure..."

Very passionate kissing ensued as the two young friends-turned-lovers started showing their affection to each other by seeing who was the better kisser. She suddenly stopped, seeing her partner yearning for more.

Nora: "About that fight you promised. You must feel a lot better now for it."

Y/N: "Oh yeah. I sure feel a lot better."

Nora: "If you win, we'll see what your reward will be."

Pulling her hammer out of nowhere, she stood up and started spinning it around, ready to train.

Y/N: "I like the sound of that."

Y/N pulled out his weapon, walking around seeing where to attack first.

Nora: "Three!"

Nora tightly held her hammer, a determined look on her face as she was ready to win."

Y/N: "Two..."

Y/N stretched his arms and legs, relaxing a little as he continued to think of his plan to defeat Nora.

Nora&Y/N: "One!"

——————————————————————————