Visit - Iris Cannary X Reader (Violet Evergarden) (Req)

Le unexpected character has arrived

P.S.: Written a 'while' ago, but edited so it's shorter

----------------------

"Where exactly are we going?"

The thunderous noise the train made as it marched forward kept you awake as it just continued to move towards its destination. You sat opposite your friend, Iris, and she looked annoyed that you weren't telling her where you were taking her.

The 'you not telling Iris about things' happened more often than it looked, and it was irritating to her. Sure, being her friend came with the expectation that you would have to put up with her attitude whenever you hid something from her like what you were doing right now, but it was worth it every single time.

Y/N: "Just trust me, it'll help."

Iris: "Help with what, exactly?"

Y/N: "You ask too many questions..."

You were starting to feel drowsy now, and the last thing you saw before you fell asleep were your friend's beautiful eyes, and that might have made you smile as well as grab the attention of Iris, who just looked at you and shook her head.

Iris: "Why are you smiling?"

Y/N: "Oh it's nothing..."

Iris: "Goodnight then."

Y/N: "Night night..."

She fell asleep a couple of minutes after you did, and so the train kept marching on...

***

The locomotive came to an abrupt stop, and you were launched forward which not only woke you up, it also woke Iris up. Your head landed on something soft, and since you still felt a bit exhausted, you couldn't get out of this predicament, and then you felt Iris' hand on your head.

Iris: "What are you doing?"

Y/N: "I just woke up too, don't look at me. It was the train."

Resting on your friend's thighs was a bad look, and it made Iris question whether this trip would be a good or bad idea. She played with your hair a little before pulling your head off.

Iris: "You ask permission first, dude."

Y/N: "Sorry ma'am."

Your radiant smile got Iris to chuckle before she stood up, pushing you down and grabbing her things as well as yours, except she had 'handed' you your baggage by throwing it at you. You caught it, then looked at her.

Iris: "Come on, this was your idea after all."

You two walked out of the train, and you looked at the station for a while before looking at your friend. It wasn't every day that Iris would be given a break for her job, especially one that you requested so you could 'take care' of Iris. When she had first heard about this, she wasn't on board with the idea.

But friends have to trust each other. This was the mindset that Iris kept throughout the day yesterday, when she packed some stuff, walked to the train station, saw you waving at her, and got on the train with you.