Guidepost - Mina Ashido X Male Reader (MHA) (Req)

Man...

——————————————————————————

All you could do was nod. The pink girl in front of you smiled to make you feel better, but you weren't feeling any better. Her name was Mina Ashido and she was in your class full of weirdos.

"I'm sure it's nothing, you'll be fine!"

The thing about having a quirk is that you never know how it may affect you. For you, it was losing your ability to speak. What you could do though, was read minds in exchange. But it was a horrible thing to happen to a child. You could hear voices at a very young age. People talked, argued, screamed, cried in their own minds and you hated having to hear all of it. You eventually learned how to minimize the noise, but it still hurt.

You couldn't communicate your thoughts, but you could hear everyone else's, and that annoyed you.

Your voice slowly returned as you grew up, but you couldn't speak, only make very quiet noises. You hoped for one day to speak again, but that was not going to happen anytime soon.

Mina: "You will be okay, right?"

All you could do was nod. You had fallen from a tree and bruised your knee. Even though it hurt a bit, you sat there ignoring it. You looked at the girl's eyes, Mina's eyes, completely taken aback at how different they were.

Beautiful.

She felt a bit nervous, but you could sense that.

Mina: "W-Well, I gotta get going! See you tomorrow!"

She thought you were weird. Everyone in your class did so it didn't surprise you much. But when your read her mind, you saw that there was a part of her that wanted to be your friend, but she didn't know how to approach you. Now that surprised you.

Maybe you would approach Mina and talk to her tomorrow. Or not. That all depends on whether you could actually approach people without feeling anxious or nervous.

NEXT DAY

You entered the classroom early, like you always did since arriving late meant eyes staring at you like you were All Might walking through that door, except that instead of awe and admiration, those piercing eyes felt bored and obviously annoyed. You didn't need to read minds to see that.

It was surprising to find Toru Hagakure sitting peacefully on her seat, doodling by the looks of it. What always confused you is how you were the weird one and how the technically body-less girl wasn't.

Toru: "Good morning!"

She always greeted you, and you waved back. When you read her mind the first couple of times she did this, she was completely honest about it so you didn't feel like doing it again as you realized that she was just being a kind person.

Toru: "What do you think? I call it the "Invisible Suit Mark 2!"

Toru grabbed her sketchbook and showed it to you. She had drawn a sloppy upgrade of her superhero costume, if you call being almost naked a costume, which was still the gloves and boots she wore but they had a different design to them, along with a lighter color scheme.

All you could do was give her a thumbs up and smile. Toru giggled. As time went by, the classroom started getting more and more people, and you felt fine with it, but then Mina walked in and you started heating up. You promised to yourself that you would approach her, but you didn't have the guts to do it, especially when Bakugo looked at you as if he was planning on ways to kill you. You gulped and returned to your seat, waiting for the day to end knowing you had no courage to talk to her.