Unwanted (An Original Request)

I don't know in what section this story would go. It is technically an original story, but I wasn't the one who thought of the idea. Oh well, here it is anyways 🗿

——————————————————————————

"We wish you the best of luck!"

With the necessary weapons and wearing your light armor, you walked out of the guild ready to complete yet another quest for the day. You preferred to go on your own when the quests were particularly tough, so your party would do other, more simple things during the day.

As you walked through the huge forest of Fandor, you noticed a whimpering from afar. You pulled your sword out of its sheath and very slowly walked towards the source of the noise. It was particularly high-pitched, so you would assume that it must be a baby of some sorts.

When you got there, you looked down to see a young girl wounded and in serious need of help. Judging by her pearly white hair; long and pointy ears; bright yellow eyes and the fact that she only had four fingers on one hand, she was most definitely an elf girl.

Y/N: "Shit."

You kneeled down to observe the girl's bruises, seeing a huge cut along her abdomen. Remembering how useful but expensive potions are in this world, you pulled a healing one out and helped the girl drink it. She was hesitant at first, but she drank some of it and you watched as the cut turned into a scar and the rest of the bruises slowly vanished.

She seemed a lot better now.

Y/N: "Are you okay?"

The girl nods, but then quickly passed out possibly from being in such excruciating pain for so long. You decided to stay there with the girl until she wakes up, so you sat nearby and decided to take a nap. It didn't take long for your nap to be interrupted minutes after as someone gently shook you awake.

It was the girl you saved.

Y/N: "Hey, you're finally awake. Are you okay?"

"Y-Yes..."

Y/N: "What's your name?"

"I don't really have one..."

Y/N: "That's strange. Do you have parents?"

"My mom... but I don't know where she is..."

Y/N: "I'll help you find your mom then. Follow me."

You stood up and when you started walking, the girl quickly followed. You weren't exactly expecting to be helping a lost girl instead of actually completing your quest, but it was the right thing to do so why not.

But the right thing to do took way too long because by the time you did find someone, the sun was already setting.

"Mommy!"

The little girl found her mom and ran towards her. She was just wandering around the village with a bottle of rum in her hand.

"Oh, it's you."

When the mother looked up and locked eyes with you, an almost devilish grin grew on her face.

"And who's your little friend?"

"He helped me find you—"

The mother pushed the girl aside and walked towards you.

"Thank you for finding her, I was so hurt when I realized she was missing. And since I don't have any money... is there any other way I can repay you?"

She knew what she was doing, especially because she was showing you some of her cleavage. You weren't fazed by this at all and decided to turn down her offer.