And I Love Her - Sumi Sakurasawa X Reader (Kanojo, Okarishimasu) (Req)

I'm not seeing enough people reading my new kanojo book, and you already know what that means 🔫👀

P.S.: Me using song titles for oneshot titles feels so much better to me than just making them up idk why.

———————————————————————

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome! I am Dante!

I'm no good at talking to people. I suck at making friends.

Each of us has felt such things about ourselves from time to time. At least I have.

However, there is a certain word: Hitomishiri. The dictionary says it's 'to dislike strangers or to become embarrassed upon meeting them.'

Sometimes, those of us unable to communicate easily face great ridicule. And so, we begin with one such character, a young girl.

Sumi Sakurasa—

You were suddenly brought out of your strange daydream by Sumi Sakurasawa, the cutest girl you had ever met.

She was waving her arms around in a frantic manner trying to get your attention, but when she saw that it wasn't working, she just started tugging on your sleeve.

Sumi: "A-Are you..."

Y/N: "I'm okay, sorry. There was a strange man in my head, and he was doing a weird introduction thingy. I don't wanna think about it too much, because it feels like I would be breaking some sort of wall."

Sumi nods, confirming that she understood your weird situation, even though she secretly thought you might be just a bit crazy.

Even though you've been friends with Sumi for almost a year, it was still a surprise that she was always so shy whenever you were around.

Well, she was extremely shy and awkward around anything that lives and breathes, so it sort of made sense that she still hadn't gotten used to you.

Y/N: "Anyways, I was talking about something before, what was it..."

Sumi - Say anything, come on he's your friend it shouldn't be this complicated!

Sumi tried to speak up, but it was so hard for her to do so. Thankfully, you noticed and decided to help her.

Y/N: "You wanna say something, right? It's okay, take your time."

Sumi - Now he's focusing too much on me! I can do it, I can say something!

Sumi: "You wanted to... tell me something important..."

Y/N: "Right! How could I forget that? Thanks."

Sumi quickly nods, gripping her skirt while she tried to compose herself.

Y/N: "I was wondering if you would like to... go on a date with me? Doesn't have to be your ordinary date, it could be anything that makes you comfortable."

Sumi.exe stopped working.

How would she deal with this now? Sure, she had been on several dates due to her job as a rental girlfriend before she stopped, but this time there was no payment, no professional courtesy, it was all uncharted territory from here, and she was not ready.

But Sumi agreed to it anyways, because she thought it would be rude if she didn't.

Sumi: "S-Sure..."

Y/N: "Wait, that worked?"

It's not like you were the date expert either. You knew that this would be your first date with a girl, mainly because girls would rather go out with a tree than with you, but now that you had Sumi, you saw this as a chance to finally make a move and ask a girl out.

But you weren't sure what to do after asking.

Y/N: "Well, it's settled then! See you tomorrow. I'll text you the details later."

You smiled before you left a blushing Sumi sitting on a bench. She looked around before actually heading back to her apartment. There was a lot of research to be done...

At Sumi's Apartment

Sumi - I gotta think here! What does a person like Y/N like in a girl? Wait, I should know this I'm their friend, wait, are we friends? A date... aren't we a couple now?!"

Sumi panicked in her room, not feeling mentally prepared and not knowing how to dress for this special date, she resorted to the internet and what interesting tips it might have.

Sumi - W-What do they mean I should put on cat ears!?

While Sumi kept looking for outfits that may inspire her creativity, she received a message from you on her phone.

Y/N > Is there any place where you would like to go?

Sumi > Is it okay if we go to a place that's not too crowded? I know most places tend to be crowded but we could find one that's not as crowded it would be nice, if it's okay with you...

While you comfortably sat on your couch, you received a message from Sumi literally seconds after you had sent yours. She was so fast at typing, she would make Sonic look like a joke.

Y/N > Yeah, don't worry about that. I'll find something

Sumi lets out a sigh of relief. Knowing you would take care of her really made her feel a lot better, so she kept on doing her research to see how she could make you happy tomorrow.

At The Meeting Place

You waited a bit when you arrived at the place. You looked at your watch, and when you looked up, it was almost like magic because Sumi appeared out of nowhere and she looked really nervous.

What she was wearing fit her way too well and it was... too perfect to even describe. Your mind started going to weird places, so you slapped yourself.

Y/N: "You look... cute."

Sumi's face turned red because of something as simple as being called cute, but that meant her outfit research from yesterday worked perfectly. She was trying her best to say something. Anything.

Sumi - Come on, say he looks nice!

Sumi: "Nice..."

You chuckled, which made Sumi blush even more than before.

Y/N: "Sorry. Are we ready to go?"

Sumi nods. Before you two even went anywhere, Sumi tried to get your attention by poking your arm.

Y/N: "What's up?"

Sumi: "D-Do we have to k..."

Sumi couldn't really say it. It was too embarrassing and honestly, kind of scary for her as well.

Sumi: "Kiss..."

Y/N: "Well I uhhh..."

Y/N.exe stopped working

Not like you've kissed anyone before, so you weren't ready for that yet. You still tried to think for an answer to her dilemma, but maybe the best thing right now was to not think at all, and to go with what your heart tells you.

Y/N: "I haven't exactly thought about that yet, but I can say that we will, whenever you are ready. But for now..."

You gently held Sumi's hand and smiled.

Y/N: "Let's enjoy our date."

Sumi looked at your eyes, and as embarrassing as it sounded, she really wanted that kiss there and then.

But that's for later.

Now, she got to spend some precious time with you.

———————————————————————