Tentative - Tanya Degurechaff X Reader (Youjo Senki) (Req)

I just read a single chapter of a Tanya X Viktoriya fanfic I found (not on wattpad) and the writing was much MUCH better than anything I've ever written on this website.

How do they do it? Mfs be like "this is my first time writing" then go ahead and make a shakespearean novel.

———————————————————————

"Hey! No time to be taking breaks!"

The scary little girl helped you stand up after seeing you sitting down on the ground, terrified. There were explosions and screams all around, and this little girl seemed way more calm than you were. She was the commander of the battalion after all, and it seemed like her age didn't matter compared to her impressive feats.

"Can you hear me? You have to keep fighting, so go or you'll be fighting me!"

Something was heading directly at you.

Y/N: "Watch out!"

You grabbed the girl and carried her out of harm's way.

Oi!

Her voice got you out of your usual daydreaming, and when you looked down, you saw her hand holding yours.

"You were staring at me, and it was weird."

Y/N: "Sorry, I'm just..."

Tanya: "Remembering?"

Y/N: "Yeah, that."

Despite her age, Tanya Degurechaff was probably one of the most feared people in the battlefield. She was tactical, cold, and most importantly, creepy. Yet she wasn't any of that right now, because with the warmth that her hand provided yours, she was almost a completely different person.

And now that she was a Lieutenant Colonel, her life had become a lot more busy, yet she always made time to help you heal.

Tanya: "Judging by your expression, I'm guessing you didn't get much sleep last night?"

You nod, confirming Tanya's suspicions that you might need more help than you let on.

Tanya: "You know what?"

Y/N: "What?"

These meetings usually happened every week, with you and Tanya going to the same coffee shop and sitting at the same table. But lately, the meetings have been getting much more intimate, but you couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was about them that made them so special to you.

Tanya: "Maybe we should talk to someone that can truly help. I doubt a simple conversation with me will be sufficient."

Y/N: "You don't know how much these conversations mean to me, lieutenant.

Tanya: "I just believe that the best thing for you right now is—"

Y/N: "Why do you help me?"

Stopped in her tracks, Tanya was now facing a difficult challenge. Something that she couldn't just kill and get it over with. Why did she help you? Not even she knew the answer to that, so she thought of the next best thing.

Tanya: "You saved me, so I'm saving you."

She took a sip of her coffee, keeping her cool as the hot beverage made her face warm.