The Blue Lion

Lance, Hunk and Pidge were still staring at me as we lay Shiro on the couch so her could rest easier. I sighed and stood up at my brother's side.

"If you have anything to ask, you should ask me." I said, surprising everyone out of their stares. However, they didn't ask me anything. It was a good thing too, since I was too tired, my previous exhaustion catching back up with me.

"Saoirse, you'd better get to bed. I'll call you up when Shiro wakes up." Keith said, pushing me to my room.

I sighed and didn't put up a fight, going straight to my room, closing the door and collapsing on my bed for the next few hours.

~~~Keith POV~~~

Hours passed and Shiro woke up. I wanted to wake up Saoirse, but she was too deep in her sleep to be woken up by me.

I gave Shiro a pair of my dad's old clothes, it was a good thing that they had similar builds and sizes. After he got dressed, Shiro went outside and watched the sunrise, thinking about whatever happened to him.

After a few minutes, I went out to talk to him. I saw him standing on a small nearby hill next to the house, holding his prosthetic hand and looking it at confusingly.

I walked up to him, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"It's good to have you back." I said.

"It's good to be back." Shiro said, smiling.

"So, what happened out there? Where were you?"

Shiro looked down at his feet, his eyes showing that he was troubled.

"I wish I could tell you." He sighed, "My head still pretty scrambled. I was on an alien ship, but somehow I escaped. It's all a blur. How did you know to come save me when I crashed?"

"You should come see this. Saoirse is gonna kill me when she finds out I didn't wake her up when you did." Shiro's eyes widened when I said this, his mind going back to the sister he left behind.

"Oh, man, Saoirse." He gasped, "How is she doing? Is she all right?"

I sighed, scratching the back of my head, "She's doing okay. When you disappeared that really messed her up. But, she's doing better."

"Takashi!" A voice shouted from the house. We turned around and saw Saoirse standing behind us a few feet away. Her eyes filling with tears when she saw Shiro alive and well. She had changed apparently, wearing a silver sleeveless shirt with a ringed collar around her neck, dark navy jeans and a pair of black boots.

"Saoirse." Shiro sighed. Saoirse ran up to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. Shiro quickly returned the embrace.

"I missed you." Saoirse said through her tears.

"I missed you, too, Saoirse."

They hugged each for a minute more until I patted both of them on the back.

"C'mon, let's go back inside." I said. The two pulled away from each other and followed me back to the house.

The three kids who hitchhiked with me were already standing in the living room in front of my covered up bulletin board.

I went over to the board and pulled off the sheet, revealing what I was researching all this time.

Several maps and pictures of the landscape were pinned onto the board with strings connecting them. Notes with equations and time stamps were scattered around on the board and marks I made with pen circled important spaces.

However, some of the pictures were strange. Pictures of caves with strange carvings in the shapes of lions littered the walls made me wonder a lot about what their meaning was.