Heart of the Lion

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I pressed a few buttons on my gauntlet, uploading the location of the sixth cannon I would be sabotaging with my lion. After confirming the coordiantes, I waited for the MFEs to take off. They took off a few minutes later and I pushed myself off the ground to fly into the air.

I felt amazing to be flying again, my wings making me cut through the air like a jet.

"Paladins, our window of opportunity is razor thin." Shiro informed us, "With the element of surprise, we'll have the advantage. Good luck."

I took in a deep breath, closing my eyes and letting the wind carry me through the sky. I focused on the bond with my lion. It took only a minute for the bond to pull through.

"Saoirse. Is it time for me to return to you?" I heard Silver ask.

"Yes. We're going to attack the Zaiforge cannons that are being set up on Earth. All of the Lions will be needed. Be prepared for anything." I replied.

"Understood. I'll be there soon."

I continued to fly through the air until I made it close enough to the cannon. Soon, I felt five of the six lions come to Earth. I opened my eyes when I felt the Silver Lion fly next to me. I looked at my lion and smiled before she teleported me into the cockpit, allowing me to sit down and take the controls.

~~~~Shiro~~~~

"Five of the six paladins have reached their drop zones. Just waiting on Lance." Commander Iverson informed. I got worried. It shouldn't have taken this long for Lance to call his lion.

"Lance, where are you. Can you hear me?" I asked. But I only got the sounds of cannon fire.

"We've been spotted! Veronica, look out!" Lance shouted.

Then, there were several screams before the lines were cut.

On a separate screens was the last known location Lance and Veronica were tracked. And on the map, were several Galra signatures.

"Oh, no!" I said in fear.

~~~~Lance~~~~

Everything went dark for a second. I remembered our car was shot at and then, just a lot of tumbling until something hit me.

"Lance, are you there?" I heard someone ask fearfully. I recognized the voice as Allura.

"Lance, where are you, buddy?" Hunk asked.

"Lance, can you hear me?" Pidge asked.

"Lance? Lance, come in!" Keith shouted.

"Lance, respond, please!" Saoirse shouted.

I heard the high-pitched ringing from my ears after being shaken up. Slowly, I opened my eyes and felt the pain from the crash. Everything was blurry. Nothing made sense for a minute.

I groaned and forced myself back up, exhaling as I got myself back together. Suddenly, I heard explosions in the distance. My eyes widened when I remembered my sister.

"Veronica?" I asked, "Veronica!"

I looked around, seeing the now destroyed car, and nearby, was my older sister, not moving on the ground near the wreckage. My heart dropped at the sight.

"No!" I raced over to see if she was okay. When I got to her, she was curled up in pain, unconscious but still breathing. That didn't help me feel anymore calm though since there were Galra ships around us.