Hole in the Sky

~~~~Allura~~~~

The alarms blared in our ears, the screens showing a familiar signal I hadn't seen in years.

"What's going on?" Keith asked.

"Yeah, these have never gone off before." Pidge added.

I clutched my hands over my chest, my eyes wide in shock at the signal.

"Allura, what is it?" I heard Lance ask, but kept my eyes focused on the screen.

"Looks like you guys just saw a ghost." Hunk observed.

"That's just the thing. It's an old Altean distress code. One used by King Alfor's ships." Coran explained.

"Could it be? Are we not the last Alteans alive?" I hoped then turned to Saoirse. She seemed to be surprised as well.

"Wait." Keith said abruptly, "What if someone's cloning the signal to try and lure us in?"

"The signal is from an Altean ship, and we're going to find it." I said determined, the pedestals for me hands raising underneath them. I wasted no time opening up a wormhole to the coordinates where the distress code originated.

In an instant, we flew through the wormhole and were transported to the location of the code. What we saw was stranger than most.

We saw the ship, but only half of it was visible. The other half was caught inside of what seemed to be a wormhole. The wormhole itself was white swirling with gold as it kept the ship inside while sucking in small asteroids surrounding it.

I recognized the ship right away as soon as we got close enough to the wormhole.

"That looks like a Tel-Galax exploration shuttle." I said, "One of my father's deep space vessels."

Coran began scanning for the code to identify the ship and what it was supposed to be exploring.

"According to the ship's identification code, it's Commodore Trayling's ship." Coran informed us, "But I don't seen any records of its destination or mission."

"What happened to it?" Lance asked.

"Is it stuck in a wormhole?" Hunk asked.

"That's unlike any wormhole I've ever seen." Coran said.

"Hold on a minute." Saoirse said, standing out of her seat and walking closer to the front glass.

"What is it, Saoirse?" Keith asked.

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

As soon as I saw that wormhole, my body shook and my scar burned. Something wasn't right about this wormhole.

"Hold on a minute." I said, getting out of my seat and walking closer to the front glass.

"What is it, Saoirse?" Keith asked. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, letting my mind wander and feel the energy from the wormhole. I've been practicing my Teshirian abilities in my room when everyone else was asleep, reading my mother's journal to see what she did during her own practices.

I've gotten better at feeling energy, to the point where I could sense someone if they were close enough.

I suddenly felt a large wave of energy rush over me from the wormhole. There was so much energy coming from this thing that I almost lost my balance. I took a couple steps back and opened my eyes, the irises glowing slightly.

"Saoirse, you okay?" Pidge asked.

I nodded, "This wormhole is emitting a powerful energy. We may need to be cautious around it. Pidge, can you give us a scan of the wormhole?"