Return of the Gladiator

~~~Saoirse~~~

We continued to train with the giant robot daily, and slowly we were getting the hang of forming Voltron.

However, I've noticed something strange whenever we formed Voltron. Everytime we formed Voltron and when my Lion split up into armor, my entire body felt like it was going through the motions almost automatically and on instinct. And it wasn't just because of my precise memory. My body always moved before I could think.

I wonder why that was?

"Great job training today, guys." Shiro said tearing me away from my thoughts, "We're really getting the hang of Voltron."

We walked down the halls and went through the doors leading to the dining hall. I removed my helmet quickly and shook out my long black hair.

"Seriously, how far so you think my lion kicked that broken alien ship? Must have been like a mile!" Lance exclaimed boasting about the kick he did that threw us off balance.

"Yeah, that'll come in handy with the Galra challenges us to a soccer match." Keith said sarcastically. Lance glared at Keith, the two fighting once again.

"Hey, I did something cool and you can't handle it. I get it."

"Your kick ruined our balance. We fell." Kwith said as he walked away.

"That falling part was Hunk's fault."

"Hey!" Hunk said, sitting down at the table and taking off his helmet.

"All right, save your energy for fighting Zarkon." Shiro said sighing in his seat.

"Hello, guys!" Coran greeted us from the other side of the room holding a large plate with a cover over it, "How was the Voltron workout?"

"We're getting there." I answered, "There are still a few tweaks to our form we need to work on, though."

"Are you and Allura almost done fixing the Castle so we can leave this planet?" Shiro asked, "I feel like we're sitting ducks here on Arus."

"Just about." Coran answered, "In the meantime, to get your minds off those duck seats you're worried about, I made you guys an authentic ancient paladin lunch!"

Coran set the tray down on the table and lifted the cover off of it. The sight was... not so appetizing.

The dish seemed to be a large green blob, and the best way I could describe the yellow stuff pushing out, was similar if not exactly like a freshly squeezed zit. And the steam coming off of it wasn't helping as it wafted the smell of the food closer to us.

We all groaned at the nasty sight, turning away and covering our mouths and noses as to not throw up or smell the food.

"Coran, you just got me hooked on that goo and now you're switching it up?" Hunk asked.

"This is packed with nutrients" Coran claimed.

Hunk leaned over and sniffed the dish, "Oh, it smells disgusting!"

"I know! That's how you know it's healthy!"

"Coran, we're on a planet now with fresh herbs, spices, and whatever this thing is. A tuber?" Hunk said as he examined a strange plant in his hands, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head back to the kitchen and spice things up."

Hunk left the dining hall to go cook real food.

"Where's Pidge?" Shiro asked. I looked around and didn't see my friend anywhere.

"He's probably checking on those prisoners we rescued from Zarkon." Coran answered, his mouth full of the strange dish he brought out, "They'll all be waking soon in the infirmary."